Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Seadek

Seadek

Anyone used “seadek” on their covered aft deck? If so, how long have you had it and how do you like it?

Re: Seadek

If seasick or any of the simulated teak products are in direct sun, they shrink and have seen pictures where it looked burnt, thwir hot on the feet too. I would not personally buy a boat especially a Hatteras with any of thoes cheap products. They may look good for a year or two. My opinion for what it's worth. Do a search on Google and see for your self. Rich

I had Seadek on the old boat and will on this one too. Soft on the feet yet sturdy and pleasing to the eye. While I love real and synthetic teak, I like being barefoot all day long. Super comfy

Concerns:

-Any synthetic material will have issues with glare. From the aluminum arch, a couple spots were etched on my walkarounds. Extreme heat

-Motor and other oils can stain.

Post above is right about many similar products but not SeaDek. Great stuff but only cheap if compared to real teak.
    Last edited by Timeless72; 02-19-2021 at 08:02 AM.

We have had NuTeak on the aft deck for over 10 years. The black stripe is part of the plank, except at the ends. We have redone this seam a couple of times. The only pic I have handy is taping off to repair a seam.

It does get hot on bare feet. This is "looks like oiled teak". NuTeak makes a product that "looks like sanded teak". I would go with the lighter color if I were doing it again.
    Attached Images

Probably would work better on a motoryacht than a sporty. At least a sporty that fishes. I was on a charter a few years back that had the stuff. We bled a couple tuna on it and the mate had to spend an hour or two with a power washer to get it off back at the dock.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Put it on a small whaler that I had. I kept it covered so it held up well heat and UV wise. Have a 30lb dog that when he jump up into a seat his nails would leave little tears. It was very comfortable on the feet. I have messed up feet and it was very easy on my feet. Due to the dog issue I did not use it on the next boat