Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Exceptional Opportunity!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Goes to the quality of how the boat has been cared for and maintained. You see crap like this there is surely more.
    I agree. The owner that replaces or upgrades with anything of lower quality than OEM is probably not caring for the boat you want to buy.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You boys can tell all that by cabinet pulls?

Since the OP seems to be MIA, he did share that an elderly gentleman had been living on the boat. It could be that those were simply easier for him to use than what the boat came with.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    You boys can tell all that by cabinet pulls?

Since the OP seems to be MIA, he did share that an elderly gentleman had been living on the boat. It could be that those were simply easier for him to use than what the boat came with.
    We can tell. Its like having an RV air conditioner on your roof
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

I can't take it no more. I have to step in and say the interior of the boat was nice and bright, but not my style. Very Merritt Boat workish, early 2000 era. The smell of that starboard engine though is still in my head, or maybe it was the deeply discolored engine parts from intense heat, or it could have been the texture and pattern of all of the flaking paint that had to have been caused by flame like temperatures during the overheating event.

I am not sure if I missed the cabinet pulls or I just blocked out the whole experience.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    We can tell. Its like having an RV air conditioner on your roof
    No, it isn’t, and you just made my point.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    I can't take it no more. I have to step in and say the interior of the boat was nice and bright, but not my style. Very Merritt Boat workish, early 2000 era. The smell of that starboard engine though is still in my head, or maybe it was the deeply discolored engine parts from intense heat, or it could have been the texture and pattern of all of the flaking paint that had to have been caused by flame like temperatures during the overheating event.

I am not sure if I missed the cabinet pulls or I just blocked out the whole experience.
    Dang, I was trying to be nice.

That discoloration and baked look was definitely a first for me. I’m still trying to figure out how things went that badly at such a low RPM and the circumstances that were explained. Brings whole new meaning to the phrase, “that engine is toast”. 1271’s in that ER are definitely a tight squeeze.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

YachtWorld.com Boats and Yachts for Sale

W
    e can see what the market says now.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

One of the few remodels where the owner covered the original wood and did everything to match. Some try to modernize by changing only one thing, and it just looks wrong, but this one was done right.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

When the 52 with new 3406s was being discussed a few weeks ago I suggest buying boat and stripping out new engines etc would be worth the asking price. This is what I was referring to as a nicer 50-52 needing engines for around 100k

Quote Originally Posted by GCSI View Post
    When the 52 with new 3406s was being discussed a few weeks ago I suggest buying boat and stripping out new engines etc would be worth the asking price. This is what I was referring to as a nicer 50-52 needing engines for around 100k

Which thread is that? I tried looking and couldnt find it.