Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 48 Yachtfish

Re: 48 Yachtfish

Appreciate the offers but another member looked at it for me. She sounded like more work than I wanted to get into but may be a good fit for someone with more time than me. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seychelles View Post
    Appreciate the offers but another member looked at it for me. She sounded like more work than I wanted to get into but may be a good fit for someone with more time than me. Thanks again.
    I believe I just emailed the broker that has this YF48 listed, would love to hear what made you pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ozinsc View Post
    I believe I just emailed the broker that has this YF48 listed, would love to hear what made you pass on it.
    I've been on that boat earlier this year with Eddie Clemmons when we went down to look at his 52C and seriously considered buying it. It needs VERY little to make it EXTREMELY nice, so I too would like to hear why this person passed on it.

I never ran it, so maybe something there lead to that conclusion. They spent a TON of money on a refurb, but some of it was... dumb. The only unfinished thing I observed had to do with some areas on the radar arch. What happened there, I can't begin to imagine, but it's purely cosmetic and easily addressed. There is dumb gray paint on the deck, but that too is easily covered with white as it should have been and was with a PO. I've looked at that boat more than once online as she's changed hands several times in the past few years. in fact, you can go back on here and see where I asked about it when it was in Pensacola.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Seychelles View Post
    Okay, I just have to ask... who was the other member? You can PM me if you like. It doesn't matter, but I'm just curious. See my post above.

No offense to this member, but you have to remember that sometimes people look at things differently. Some even have ulterior motives for giving a bad review. It will be interesting to see if this person buys the boat, as it is in no way, shape or form a project boat. I'll readily admit that i haven't talked about this boat until now as I was seriously thinking of making an offer. I've since decided I want something larger where I don't have go below the lower station to a salon that doesn't have 360 degree visibility. The layout of that boat is virtually identical to that of my 41', but it is a two stateroom version that has a very larger master... with twins.

I delivered a HOF'ers 48YF up the Mississippi to Rock Island from Kentucky Lake a few years ago and actually let the new owner (a member here) talk me into helping him get it up the Illinois before I moved Dave's 60MY from Lauderdale to Racine last summer. Let's just say I was intimately familiar with the boat and talked to the owner on here about its current state when I was helping Robby and Brenda find a replacement for their 43DC that burned. I initially passed when he asked (I have that in print) but decided I had time to help. Let's just say that turned into a very bizarre situation where the new owner basically questioned my integrity after I called out an unscrupulous broker who badly misrepresented it. This new owner basically told me this broker told him to stay away from me after sharing some absolutely bogus lies about yours truly. That guy joined this forum when I called him out, and tried once again to "warn' people about me. Neither of these guys have the guts to speak to me about this on here, but I won't name names. They know who they are. Now watch this get edited. This forum is about helping prospective buyers, and that's all I've done with this scenario.
    Last edited by Freeebird; 09-06-2021 at 11:44 PM.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless72 View Post
    We are a few months into an 18 month refit of our '72. If you come across another 48 YF, reach out with any questions.
    im looking at a 48 yf and just sent you a friend request. it’s been sitting for 3 years, so i wonder what issues that causes and what my budget should be to put her in good running order for the trip from the florida west coast to west palm beach

Sent you a message. Tough to say about expenses without seeing the boat first. Get a good survey and ask any questions. Good luck!