Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 48 Yachtfish

48 Yachtfish

My wife and I are new to the powerboat scene and are interested in the 48 Yachtfish that is located in Bradenton, FL and listed on Yachtworld. We plan to use her for coastal cruising a few months each year. I’m on the other side of the country and before I travel to look at her, I was wondering if any of you know the boat or could provide me with info I should consider. Thanks.

Re: 48 Yachtfish

As a guy that is just barely ahead of you in your quest. I recommend that you hire someone to take a quick look at it unless you just want a mini vacation with no expectations.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

PM sent.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

I have one and would be happy to share what I know.
    Mine is based in Port of Los Angeles.
    Be happy to take you out for a spin.

Mitch
    Mitch Cohen Wilmington Ca75 YachtFish48YF363

Unless you're planning to leave it on the east coast, I can't imagine a cost effective option to get it back to the west coast. Haven't looked in a while, but there was a 48YF up around Seattle as I recall.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

not sure if the one in seattle sold, but its not listed anymore. was a nice looking boat. there's one down in newport ca that's also nice. one thing that caught my eye on the one in fla, is the blower on the stb engine is the orig dd color. if it was a rebuild, it should've been painted same color (white) as the engine, so what was done to the engine(s)? and are there receipts?

Thank you everyone for your help. Based on your feedback we are going to keep looking.

We are a few months into an 18 month refit of our '72. If you come across another 48 YF, reach out with any questions.

I know this thread is old but I am not far from bradenton. Honestly, a few years early for me personally or I would go look at this boat for myself. If you are still interested and want me to put some hands on it, I am happy to do so.

Funny, just saw this thread. We had been to Riviera Dunes and were headed to Marlow. I think I saw this boat out in front of Twin Dolphin Marina as these are fairly rare. We were on the 8th floor deck at the Oak and Stone looking out over the sound (go there for lunch if you are in the area great view and good food). I will be back in the area in a few weeks and could take a look.