Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Datamarine Depth Display

I’m in the process of replacing the transducer that connects to my Garman network. I also have a separate transducer that feeds my data marine depth finder. I’d like to keep both systems for redundancy and the data marine still works. The problem is one of the segments on the digital display is missing. Does anybody know anybody that works on those? I called Ed at Sims Marine and he suggested Max Marine in Pompano unfortunately they aren’t able to work on it. Anybody know anybody?
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Datamarine Depth Display

Call DataMarine, they are still in business, I got a new xducer last year and at that time they were rebuilding the displays. I think they are in CT or NY.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

My bad: they are in Mass. 774-213-9744.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    I’m in the process of replacing the transducer that connects to my Garman network. I also have a separate transducer that feeds my data marine depth finder. I’d like to keep both systems for redundancy and the data marine still works. The problem is one of the segments on the digital display is missing. Does anybody know anybody that works on those? I called Ed at Sims Marine and he suggested Max Marine in Pompano unfortunately they aren’t able to work on it. Anybody know anybody?
    Do you have a picture of your depth finder or know the model? I may have a unit that I took out of my boat that you can have for the price of shipping.
    Gary
    1984 53' MY Hull #625
    "JACE"

I just pulled my datamarine out.

Sitting in the shop. Note that the datamarine depth transducer are a different frequency than anyone else currently uses.

I have 2 units from the lower helm.
    2 smaller units built into a fiberglass covered box on the bridge.

Available if you need them, only issue is I am in The Bahamas right now

PM me and I might be able to have someone mail them out.
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ

Here are the best photos I can find. Unfortunately I left the boat before I saw these posts. I’m now in Lauderdale and the boat lives in Wisconsin so I am unable to get the exact model number. I did reach out to Datamarine. I’m just waiting for a reply. Thank you for the posts.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Here are the best photos I can find. Unfortunately I left the boat before I saw these posts. I’m now in Lauderdale and the boat lives in Wisconsin so I am unable to get the exact model number. I did reach out to Datamarine. I’m just waiting for a reply. Thank you for the posts.
    That’s the international offshore model great sounder simple no BS
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Here’s one on eBay
    Attached Images
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Mine works except the missing segment so redundancy plus nostalgia is why I want to keep it. That and it would create a weird hole in the dash. I'm also big on, if its installed it needs to be functional.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310

Mine works except the missing segment so redundancy plus nostalgia is why I want to keep it. That and it would create a weird hole in the dash. I'm also big on, if its installed it needs to be functional.
    You could always tag it INOP

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976