Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Damaged Salon Windows on 63 RPH

Hi all--looking at buying a 2002 63 RPH and one of the few issues is damage to the salon windows shown on the attached pic.

The guy who runs the boat says this happened early on with the front windshields as well and they were replaced by Hatt, but this happened later and they never pursued it.

Do you know if this is something that can be repaired or would I need to get new windows to get rid of the condition?

IMG_1630.jpg

Re: Damaged Salon Windows on 63 RPH

It's hard to tell from the pic, if the glass is separated from the frame or if the glass is cracked. Either way, there are a number of places that are able to replace and re-bed the glass. The closer you are to Ft. Lauderdale, the easier it will be to find someone qualified.

examples:
    http://www.avmarmarineglass.com
    https://oceandynamics.com
    Best regards,
    --
    David

It looks like the caulk behind the glass is coming loose or there is delamination of the laminated glass. Either way, it will have to be removed and replaced.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by Hat52MY View Post
    It's hard to tell from the pic, if the glass is separated from the frame or if the glass is cracked. Either way, there are a number of places that are able to replace and re-bed the glass. The closer you are to Ft. Lauderdale, the easier it will be to find someone qualified
    Ha--on the West Coast.

So we're on the same page, I'm talking about what look like black streaks near the vertcal seam. Not sure if you're focusing on the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    It looks like the caulk behind the glass is coming loose or there is delamination of the laminated glass. Either way, it will have to be removed and replaced.
    So the glass is laminated? Do you think what I'm seeing is a result of something going on between two slabs of glass?

Thanks to both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by HattP View Post
    Ha--on the West Coast.

So we're on the same page, I'm talking about what look like black streaks near the vertcal seam. Not sure if you're focusing on the same thing.
    So the glass is laminated? Do you think what I'm seeing is a result of something going on between two slabs of glass?

Thanks to both of you.
    Yes, its laminated glass. So what you are seeing is either going on behind the glass (caulk coming loose) or between the layers of glass (delamination).
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI