Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help moving vehicle from New Bern to CT

I'll be driving my truck down to New Bern in March to pick up my new boat. Does anyone know of a service in that area that will transport my truck back to CT for me so I don't have to bring an extra driver along?
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Need help moving vehicle from New Bern to CT

A one-way car rental from CT to NC may be cheaper......
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

3. Re: Need help moving vehicle from New Bern to CT

Enterprise

Yep, cheaper to rent a one way truck or van.
    Did this about 15 years ago for a new boat delivery I was helping with, picked the boat up in Beaufort.
    Think Hertz at the New Bern airport was the only option back then, much more built up there now so could be better options.
    UHaul is sort of everywhere so check them out too, just have to watch for hours and days their dealers are open.
    Just did a one way Uhaul trailer rental with them last week that worked out really well.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E

One way rental is definitely the way to go. You may be surprised at just how cheaply you can rent one. Do an online search vs individual rental companies. Been there, done that many times.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

I called Hertz before I posted. $843 for a 1 way rental of an SUV.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Bob, you could look at UShip, which is a site that does transport brokerage. Or you could email me, I have a friend who is a transport broker, she could probably find you an open transporter for a reasonable amount.

Interesting, I just checked Enterprise and a Ford Edge SUV from Avon to New Bern one-way was $358 and a Cadillac was the same.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht

Thanks. I'll email you Jim. The Enterprise price is reasonable. I'm just not sure if the Edge would be big enough. Was that from Avon, Ct?

Yes, Avon, CT. My wife has family there. They also have pickup trucks for the same price.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht