Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Still a noob.....

At the supreme risk of stating what everyone knows, but on the off chance that someone will benefit...... It was quite windy the other day when I went into the engine room and about had my hat blown off.

DUH!

This may explain why the hallway had trouble heating up. The temperature there is up 20º since installing foam in the inlets.......(35ºF outside).

Just not something that's in your routine on a sailboat....

<<<Dons cheap plastic poncho and face shield in anticipation of incoming tomatoes and raw eggs.......>>>
    Attached Images
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: Still a noob.....

i'm not going to beat you up too much, just gonna say DUH.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Yup. Been there... done that. Found 2X2 stiff foam panels at Lowes, cut in half, duct-taped into 2 2X4 panels and installed them this Nov. on Lagniappe. Just remember to open the vents back up before starting the engines! I only say that because.... something that I'd likely do!
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

Quote Originally Posted by RJM View Post
    Just remember to open the vents back up before starting the engines! I only say that because.... something that I'd likely do!
    Yeah..... I created a winterization checklist. If I remember to use it in reverse for the de-winterization it is (now) on there....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay