Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Another Galley Remodel on a '53

We live aboard so storage and counter space in the galley is really important to us. We never used the galley dinette so we did a bit of figuring and following the lead of Michael & Cindy Ewing on Hatteras58 here on the forums we settled on the design. We're most of the way through the install. Handles, flooring, and boxing in the terminal strips comes next. Then some refinishing of the paneling. The air handler return is a plenum under the cabinets vented by the toe kick. The lower drawer is actually a false cover so I can access the air handler. The back of the outboard cabinet is open so I can remove the drawers to access the washer/dryer connections. We're waiting on the plastic sliders to complete the top cabinet fronts to match the other sliders on board. The admiral is thrilled! Two bar stools are on order.
    Photo Jan 18, 12 52 49 PM sm.jpgPhoto Jan 18, 9 28 37 AM sm.jpgPhoto Jan 18, 10 43 10 AM sm.jpg
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Re: Another Galley Remodel on a '53

John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Re: Another Galley Remodel on a '53

nicely done. The Galley AC can make for a lot of headaches when it comes to airflow. Previous owner blocked off the RA with under counter fridges.