Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another excellent Wifey Project.

Tennessee is a temperate climate, and we semi winterize boats. Wifey made these 4' thick fabric covered foam plugs for the ER vents.. keeps the chill out.
    Attached Images

Re: Another excellent Wifey Project.

Very nice touch!
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Very nice. How do you hold them on? Mine are much more ghetto. 1/2" ISO board with stainless tie wire around the vent louvers.
    Robert
    MANCHIONEAL
    1973 43DC #365
    Mattox Creek, VA

That looks fantastic! And what a nice touch to have the name on as well. I noticed you have the same fender hangers on the tracks as I do. I just spent numerous hours polishing mine up. I’m having a hard time even here in Fort Lauderdale finding out who manufactured these. I need to replace the plastic glides that are on the inside of those the hangers. Would you or anybody else know who manufactured them and where to get replacement parts from?
    Sam's didn't know who's they were.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Y'all too good for duct tape?

I mean it even comes in black.

Seriously, that looks really nice, and I'm sure it does a great job. My 41 actually has sliding styrofoam panels beneath where the intakes feed in that keep the cold air out. Not sure if that was factory or if a PO added it.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin' View Post
    Very nice. How do you hold them on? Mine are much more ghetto. 1/2" ISO board with stainless tie wire around the vent louvers.
    They are compression fit into the opening. The 4 inch think foam blocks are a little bigger than the opening and compressed to fit in. Not seen in the pic is paracord that runs from the plug handles to the traveler hook. So if they do blow out, they won't get far!

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    That looks fantastic! And what a nice touch to have the name on as well. I noticed you have the same fender hangers on the tracks as I do. I just spent numerous hours polishing mine up. I’m having a hard time even here in Fort Lauderdale finding out who manufactured these. I need to replace the plastic glides that are on the inside of those the hangers. Would you or anybody else know who manufactured them and where to get replacement parts from?
    Sam's didn't know who's they were.
    I've heard them called Genoa tracks, and seen similar in blow boat catalogs.
    https://www.shopsoundboatworks.com/p...xoCQGcQAvD_BwE

I did a deep dive into the blow boaters world trying to find the exact model we have but at this point I’ve been unsuccessful.
    Thank for the suggestion.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Those are nice! We as well are a little low class. I cut up the god awful egg crate padding they had on the master stateroom berth. I just cram it in there and so far (7 years) it has done the trick. Must work pretty well, if I light both 8-71s before I pull them out I get a slight whistling noise around the salon entry door.

Interesting.... Wouldn't work on my boat as the louvred registers are not recessed and stick out proud of the hull. So I'm ghetto, but you can't tell from the outside. Does allow some intrusion for critters....
    Attached Images
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay