I mentioned this boat in a bumped thread and assumed when the term, salvage, was used, it was in error. It obviously wasn't.

A TowBoat US Captain posted photos and information and photos on Facebook of, Empty Pockets, which ran aground at the entrance to Cabbage Key. The boat was sitting in less than four feet of water, as evidenced by these "divers" standing waist-deep on the bottom, and the boat wasn't even listing. It is obvious the owner and crew were still on the boat. I questioned this situation, and the Captain said...

Salvage also comes into play when specialized equipment such as pumps, air bags, or divers are called for - even if the boat is at he dock. This specific vessel was hard aground and required airbags and divers.

He then went on to say...

Hard aground vessels under specific conditions in our region during winter low tides that persist for weeks at a time require floating a vessel to ensure no damage is caused to the members vessel.

Photos were posted of the vessel being towed to, someplace where the real fun will begin. This involved TowBoat US Charlotte Harbor. He stopped replying when I asked, "And how long between the grounding and your salvage determination and subsequent removal?"

Things that make you go... hmmmm.