Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Wow, this is a beauty!

Yeah, they used to customize almost a boat per year, called them "Lauderdale Lady" or something like that.

I saw one 52C they did, years later. I thought the custom work was well done- it had held up nicely and matched the boat well. I don't know how many boats they did, in total.

My current neighbor has a Lauderdale Lady. He and his Admiral are desperate to remove some of the many mirrors that cover nearly every flat surface. They love the galley up layout and the internal staircase to the fly bridge, but they really really hate the Miami Vice look. Did rich people in 1988 really have that bad taste that this was actually desirable? The mind boggles!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Yeah, they used to customize almost a boat per year, called them "Lauderdale Lady" or something like that.

I saw one 52C they did, years later. I thought the custom work was well done- it had held up nicely and matched the boat well. I don't know how many boats they did, in total.
    That was their own boat which appeared on several Miami Vic episodes. Once in a while the gold emblems they used pop up on eBay. These were the original paint everything white and glue mirrors all over guys.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

ACtually, on the boat I saw the custom work was the hardtop over the bridge, the owner told me. Faired-in lights and a bunch of other exterior stuff. I don't remember the inside of the boat- but, yes, mirrors were a big thing, then. Glad THAT'S over.

The 52 C 1986 "Diamond Girl" was customized by Hurley Hatteras in Virginia. Not Hatteras of Lauderdale.
    Attached Images
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    The 52 C 1986 "Diamond Girl" was customized by Hurley Hatteras in Virginia. Not Hatteras of Lauderdale.
    That’s definitely Ben Hurley right there. Hat of lauderdale only did motor barges.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    Nice. Except the helm seat is in the sun half the time. The owner must be a wide-brimmed hat wearer.

I like those white switch panels on the helm. Can they be purchased from Sam's...or anywhere??

The flybridge switch panel was part of the Hurley Hatteras customization.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by SeaEric; 03-29-2021 at 04:26 PM.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I delivered several 46’s back in the early 80’s to Hurley for modification. His attention to detail was incredible.

Endless Summer
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976

That's the one. I got it wrong, though- not Lauderdale, but Hurley. Whatever; it's been quite a while. Any idea where that boat is, now?