Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wow, this is a beauty!

I think this was just listed today. I'm looking for a yacht fisher, but unfortunately, this is out of my price range. I would not normally even consider something with a hull extension but since it was done by Hatteras...

I guess I'm too new to post links but maybe someone else can post it?
    1980 60' CPMY in Wilmington Nc for 270K.

Re: Wow, this is a beauty!

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Very interesting. The white trim around the drawers is a tad odd, but everything else appears to be very well done. That little control station aft is cute.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Interesting galley redo. The 2nd bowl of the sink looks like it may be hard to get to but I like the idea of a flip up counter for extra space when you need it. I am undecided about that white trim. I understand why they did it. The dark wood in the staterooms can be overwhelming. I've seen another widebody on youtube where they replaced the mirror in the 2nd stateroom with white beadboard to lighten it up and I really liked that.

So the big question is who did the extension and how was it done?
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    So the big question is who did the extension and how was it done?
    Per the listing, Hatteras of Lauderdale did it.

Handsome boat... someone spent big bucks on that interior, esp the galley.

Yep, it's pretty, I like the Blue hull paint!

I saw this boat in person today. Someone spent a lot of money at some point! The interior work in the salon and galley was really well done. I had never been on one of these 53's with the cockpit extension. The aft enclosed deck is bigger than the YF which translates into a bigger master stateroom below. The master stateroom also has a centerline queen, rather than athwart. Much better layout in my opinion. I was unsure about that white trim on the master cabinets but I liked it in person. The non-skid needs to be repainted and the blue hull looks good from a distance but not a great paint just up close. There is checking in the paint on the hull in a line where the extension was added. I'm a bit leary of the hydraulic dinghy lift/ swim platform. I've chartered boats with these and they never seem to work right. But the davit is still there up top so there can be a plan B. It is Vosper stabilizers which I've never heard of and I wonder if parts are available. That could be a big deal since in my mind the stabilizers are key to that 200K+ price. I've looked at three yachtfishers and this boat is by far the best I've seen. Just not sure if I want to swing that price. I have some pics if anyone is interested. Engine room was clean, didn't see any leaks, it has all halogen lights inside- no LEDs. A very nice boat!

I thought the 58 yachtfish was a 53 motoryacht with a 5 foot extensions/cockpit but you are saying this boat has a larger aft deck ?