Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1984 53 Hatteras, Starfire

If the admiral's and my health was better I'd be Chesapeake, VA making a deal on this 53. The pictures are supposedly from 2020, if true she looks to be in excellent shape. I see a lot of people saying they are looking for a Hatteras 53, they should go look at Starfire.

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/198...assic-3733580/
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Re: 1984 53 Hatteras, Starfire

I have been onboard , it is very nice !! Might be worth a trip .

And here I thought mine was nice. Beautifully done.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Very pretty boat.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Where would you stow a dinghy on her?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Lex View Post
    Where would you stow a dinghy on her?
    Upright on the swim platform using Weaver brackets, or horizontal in a variety of available davits.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

She's a beauty! We are in the market for a 48-53 CPMY. Would anyone care to share their experience with handling lines without a cockpit? We have a 1967 41 Twin Cabin and it's challenging. Thx!

Quote Originally Posted by elec6143 View Post
    Would anyone care to share their experience with handling lines without a cockpit?
    Our 53MY, and I believe most other Hatts, has two side deck cleats. The aft one is far enough aft that in combination with a bow line (subject to local conditions) it secures the boat well enough to call the maneuver complete. It is easily accessed from the helm through the side door. So with two people, the other on the bow, it can all easily be done. Putting out stern line(s) happens after engine shut down.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Our 53MY, and I believe most other Hatts, has two side deck cleats. The aft one is far enough aft that in combination with a bow line (subject to local conditions) it secures the boat well enough to call the maneuver complete. It is easily accessed from the helm through the side door. So with two people, the other on the bow, it can all easily be done. Putting out stern line(s) happens after engine shut down.
    Very helpful! Thank you so much!

This is said to be the nicest 53 on the market- has been the nicest out there for a while, from what I've heard. I plan to be in that area in a week or two, if anyone wants me to go by AYB (I think that's where she is) and have a look.