Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Saint Petersburg Boat Show

Thinking about checking it out. Anybody else going?

January 14-17.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Saint Petersburg Boat Show

Thursday or Friday. Also going to the RV show one of those days. Saturday will be chilly. So that's the day I go across town to gas up the Firechicken. 93 ethanol free.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

I might go if I get free tickets again this year.

Usually it is a nice smaller boat show and a fun one that I turn into a weekend boat trip to St Pete. A chance to meet Randy and pick his brain about my bucket list trip to Neyland Stadium by boat s tempting.

The virus is a numbers game and everyone gets to pick how many vectors they can stand exposure to. Walking the docks outdoors with a mask on is about the same risk level as an unarmed protest (pick your flavor). Going aboard boats with limited ventilation that thousands have toured through probably is the equivalent to working in a hospital outside of the ICU.

I think I will anchor out and watch football instead this year rather than increase my exposure to the complications, inconvenience, and potential tragedy the virus offers. I hope everyone who goes to the show has a safe fun time and lots of boats are sold. Because that's where the used boats I can afford come from.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa

I'm surprised its still on. They canceled the Hartford boat show up here this year. I usually get a booth for my Nautopedic Mattress business, but was going to pass on that anyway. I suppose that a lot of venders were as well.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Just came back from a weekend in St. Pete... fantastic town!

If you stay downtown, I can give anyone some inside scoop on good restaurants ... and bars if you're adventurous.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle View Post
    Usually it is a nice smaller boat show and a fun one that I turn into a weekend boat trip to St Pete. A chance to meet Randy and pick his brain about my bucket list trip to Neyland Stadium by boat s tempting.

The virus is a numbers game and everyone gets to pick how many vectors they can stand exposure to. Walking the docks outdoors with a mask on is about the same risk level as an unarmed protest (pick your flavor). Going aboard boats with limited ventilation that thousands have toured through probably is the equivalent to working in a hospital outside of the ICU.

I think I will anchor out and watch football instead this year rather than increase my exposure to the complications, inconvenience, and potential tragedy the virus offers. I hope everyone who goes to the show has a safe fun time and lots of boats are sold. Because that's where the used boats I can afford come from.

Bruce

Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa
    Yeah, political correctness and COVID concerns aside, walking around a boat show wearing a mask would be a bit... different. Add to that it’s not exactly going to be beach or convertible weather, and I’ve decided to pass. I have very little interest in looking at new boats, and this was just going to be a side trip for me anyway.

I may still head down in a week or two, just to get a salt air, beach and seafood fix. I’m always open to talking about boat trips. Everyone should experience being part of The Vol Navy and taking in a game... after all this COVID crap is behind us.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Just came back from a weekend in St. Pete... fantastic town!

If you stay downtown, I can give anyone some inside scoop on good restaurants ... and bars if you're adventurous.
    Sorry I missed this until now, but thanks for the offer. Bars and adventurous sort of worries me a little, but I’m not the downtown type and prefer hole in the wall restaurants off the beaten path.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Ho Hum show. No SF, MY, or anything remotely resembling a nice classic boat. IMHO.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Ho Hum show. No SF, MY, or anything remotely resembling a nice classic boat. IMHO.
    Thanks for making me feel better. Why even bother if they didn't have any more than that?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93