Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Florida Marinas

Re: Florida Marinas

We pay $630 a month in Melbourne. That includes electricity for weekends. Insurance is $220 a month ($2600 a year) and diving is $150 a month. I had planned on diving myself. Screw that

In this area (not south) rates are pretty reasonable. $10 to $14 a foot. Electricity is reasonable as well, if not cheap.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

$150 a month for the diver? It’s $2 a foot in Miami... $2.50 to $3 in Ft Liquordale

I should hav mentioned that the $25 a foot here at dinner Key includes power.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by whoover View Post
    Hello Brian, your place seems like a great deal. At those rates I could rent a place and still use my 42c for trips to the keys and beyond. Any guests, temporary of course could stay in the house. Are you able to sleep on your boat when its docked there.

Thanks
    Walt Hoover
    Yes sleeping is allowed. Most of the marinas around Tarpon only allow you to stay on the boat a couple days a week (intended to be weekenders). Some turn a blind eye to it or have looser rules. As far as behind my house the county I live in has no prohibition from living on the boat. There are a few places up and down the FL Gulf coast that actually do Air BnB for their boats. I have thought of that but not sure if I want strangers in and out of my yard.

I would move the boat off the great lakes and go to south Fla, the admiral has been renting condos on the water in Lauderdale the last few years but no association will let anything as large as my 42c, it blocks the view and I understand.

Walt Hoover

Love this thread.... my plan is to head toward FL in late October. Leave CT and meander down the ICW to my first FL stop by New Years Eve 2021. T@Hinking about picking out a few spots and staying a month at each one. Been doing some research and not real easy to find a slip for a 58 LRC dimensions.... 63' LOA... 18' Beam and 6' Draft.
    JD
    1976 58' LRC Hull #311
    "Miss Maggie"
    Riviera Dunes, FL

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    Love this thread.... my plan is to head toward FL in late October. Leave CT and meander down the ICW to my first FL stop by New Years Eve 2021. T@Hinking about picking out a few spots and staying a month at each one. Been doing some research and not real easy to find a slip for a 58 LRC dimensions.... 63' LOA... 18' Beam and 6' Draft.
    You will have to book in advance and remember monthly rates are higher... at least 20/30% above annual rates mentioned ealier
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I know of a place on the New River in Lauderdale that was the cheapest around and allowed live aboards. I believe it was around $1600/month including utilities for our 60MY. It is in the vicinity of the Carrie B. PM me and I can provide more info.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    I know of a place on the New River in Lauderdale that was the cheapest around and allowed live aboards. I believe it was around $1600/month including utilities for our 60MY. It is in the vicinity of the Carrie B. PM me and I can provide more info.
    I was sorta hoping I could camp out on your dock, brother.

$1,600 per month would have to include electric, cable, food, drinks, insurance and the occasional stripper.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Your welcome here. Hell you can even use my boat. Just add fuel.
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by JD5652 View Post
    If/when I get to the point I totally retire, I think I would just meander and never spend more than 2-3 days/nights in a marina each month. With transient rates what they are, I would anchor A LOT and hit the free, municipal docks for grocery runs etc.

You can buy a LOT of generator diesel and fuel for the dinghy for what marina stays will cost you. I’ve done 3/4 of the loop, but back and forth, north to south with the seasons is more appealing to me.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93