Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Florida Marinas

Re: Florida Marinas

I'm at Coral Ridge Yacht Club on the ICW in Ft Lauderdale. Charged for LoA which puts me at 70'. I pay $1033/month for the slip. Add to that monthly club dues which is another $400 or so a month.

edit: something else to consider is insurance down here. Older boats get taken to the cleaners. A very nice 1989 motoryacht with a hull value of $230k just got a 2021 premium of $12,500. Ouch. Their 2020 premium was $7500.
    Last edited by Passages; 01-11-2021 at 04:28 AM.

Hello Brian, your place seems like a great deal. At those rates I could rent a place and still use my 42c for trips to the keys and beyond. Any guests, temporary of course could stay in the house. Are you able to sleep on your boat when its docked there.

Thanks
    Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by Freeebird View Post
    I like the way you think.
    Yeah, most didn't catch the friendly jab.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Our Marina is just south of Clearwater pass. $13.50 per ft. Per month .
    Walk to beach and several bars, restaurants. I have lived aboard for 10 yrs. and I am familiar with most of the marinas from Hernando Bch. To Sarasota.
    Docking behind a house or lot would be ok if not living aboard. It only takes one neighbor to complain and get you evicted. Most marinas do not legally allow live a boards but many have the "don't ask don't tell" policy.
    Good luck, and would like to have you as a neighbor !
    Capt. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    Yeah, most didn't catch the friendly jab.
    Yeah, it’s a Southern thing that parted some hair.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

On of the largest skeet shoots down that way is the LA Open (lower 'mama).
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

Quote Originally Posted by rob71 View Post
    Our Marina is just south of Clearwater pass. $13.50 per ft. Per month .
    Walk to beach and several bars, restaurants. I have lived aboard for 10 yrs. and I am familiar with most of the marinas from Hernando Bch. To Sarasota.
    Docking behind a house or lot would be ok if not living aboard. It only takes one neighbor to complain and get you evicted. Most marinas do not legally allow live a boards but many have the "don't ask don't tell" policy.
    Good luck, and would like to have you as a neighbor !
    Capt. Rob
    Thanks Rob!

I’ve never really paid attention to marinas in that area as I usually just duck in at Clearwater Beach Marina and then go back outside again. I did have occasion to visit one marina by car (can’t remember the name) south of the pass when I was tracking down a boat for a friend. May have been yours.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Port 32 in Tierra Verde, Fl sent me a quote of $27.50 ft per month on an annual contract with all utilities included after we visited friends there last week.
    Last edited by Eddieclemons; 01-11-2021 at 12:17 PM.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Take a look at Harbortown in Ft Pierce or the city marina. East coast is way cooler and less humid in the summer due to the Gulf Stream. I’ve had the house in Vero Beach for 35 years wouldn’t live anywhere else.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Take a look at Harbortown in Ft Pierce or the city marina. East coast is way cooler and less humid in the summer due to the Gulf Stream. I’ve had the house in Vero Beach for 35 years wouldn’t live anywhere else.
    Want to swap for horse farm with a nice pond?
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC