Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Florida Marinas

Florida Marinas

I'm thinking about doing something stupid, again.

I've been through numerous marinas over the years, but I haven't really paid attention to rates beyond those of a transient. Just curious what you Floridites are paying for wet slips. I'm thinking I would be happier on the Gulf side, but it could be more advantageous to be on the east coast when it comes to doing boat deliveries.

I've retired from a SSA and pension standpoint, but I'm not THAT retired. Might even drag my safe moving equipment down there too.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Re: Florida Marinas

SE Florida... up to $35 or $40 per foot per month, especially for larger slips (60+)

Dinner Key here in Miami is a bargain at $25 a month but will go up soon when the construction is over.

West coast will be cheaper
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I currently pay $1,800 per month for 0'-60' slip excluding utilities. That includes taxes, insurance and a 2BR/2BA house that keeps the wife happy. This is in Hernando Beach. On the Anclote River in Tarpon Springs I was paying $749/mo for a 65' slip. Yes they charged by the slip not boat length. I had to pay electricity but no house was included. The guy at MarMar told me $650/mo but didn't allow live aboard. Petes Pier up in Crystal Rive quoted me $550/month but I never made it up there. All of this was sticker shock to me because in LA I paid $400/month for 55' including electricity ( could only run a/c and water heater when on the boat).

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    I currently pay $1,800 per month for 0'-60' slip excluding utilities. That includes taxes, insurance and a 2BR/2BA house that keeps the wife happy. This is in Hernando Beach. On the Anclote River in Tarpon Springs I was paying $749/mo for a 65' slip. Yes they charged by the slip not boat length. I had to pay electricity but no house was included. The guy at MarMar told me $650/mo but didn't allow live aboard. Petes Pier up in Crystal Rive quoted me $550/month but I never made it up there. All of this was sticker shock to me because in LA I paid $400/month for 55' including electricity ( could only run a/c and water heater when on the boat).
    Seems to me that’s the way to do it. I’m thinking about looking for a small house like that with a dock, but I would rent out the house and keep the boat on the dock. Either that or find a lot with a dock. I’m paying $100 a month for an open slip here until spring when the water comes up. Then I’ll bring the boat back to my dock.

I may rent my house out in the winter and do the snowbird thing. That’s been the plan for years, but now I’m seriously considering a change in lifestyle.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    All of this was sticker shock to me because in LA I paid $400/month for 55' including electricity ( could only run a/c and water heater when on the boat).
    Are we LosAngelas or Lower Alabama???
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieclemons View Post
    I would think neither. How about Louisiana?
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Back in 2008 I found this nice old lady with a small house on the New River in Lauderdale. (1/4 mile from the Galleria). She had 3 60' slips and wanted only sail boats as she could enjoy the view over top of them. She also didn't mind me coming October and leaving April as she preferred the slips empty during hurricane season. One year the tenants beat up the docks in a storm and it was an insurance drama. I paid $250/month, the kids got to use her pool and she baked us cookies. The guy renting from the dentist next door was paying $1500
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

LA- Louisiana
    FL- Florida

I like the way you think.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

You should come to Newport Beach Ca. I just did a survey on a boat there that was paying $72.00 per foot per month for there slip. Yes it was in a prime location but that is crazy. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.