Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: An oldie but goodie

Quote Originally Posted by Byresch View Post
    There is nothing like English murder mysteries, we love them. Vera, Endeavour, Lewis, the original Morse which Endeavour and Lewis are derived from, the Lyndley mysteries and a lot more.I have to admit that is a beautiful ship, one you could go anywhere on.
    A true English murder mystery series aficionado would never end a sentence with a preposition.
    Semper Siesta
    Robert Clarkson
    ASLAN, 1983 55C #343
    Charleston, SC

If you really like British murder mysteries, you ought to investigate BritBox and Acorn. They are the overseas distributors of BBC and ITV and are available as standalone apps or through Amazon Prime.

If you ever get tired of genteel drawing room mysteries try their police procedurals like Silent Witness (23 seasons and still going strong!), No Offense, London Kills and others. There are also a bunch of Australian shows: My Life is Murder (starring Xenia Warrior Princess lol), Mystery Road and the 3 Jack Irish movies, the series is not as good. From New Zealand comes the 6 seasons of the Brokenwood Mysteries which is a sort of antipodean Midsomer Murders with a great cast of quirky characters.

On a lighter note we have been enjoying a bunch of sitcoms too: Plebs, Benidorm, The Goes Wrong Show, Raised by Wolves and a bunch more.

And our favorite of all time: This Farming Life, a beautifully filmed 4 season and counting documentary about small farms in Scotland and Northern Ireland. Give it a try, you will not regret it.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    A true English murder mystery series aficionado would never end a sentence with a preposition.
    Unless they are showing the working class with a regional accent. Then you will need to turn on the Closed Captions and use the Internet to translate the dialect! There are lots of rednecks over there too!
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht

I'm more of a Sherlock Holmes guy, but I think you might enjoy a series I recently discovered, out of Canada. It's called The Murdock Mysteries. It takes place around the 1890's, is written well, and has high production values.https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1091909/
    Last edited by ralexa6808; 01-16-2021 at 05:42 PM.

Second Acorn.......George Gently.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

It is funny how age affects your perspective. I started off with a " Cigarette " boat in the 1990's and progressed to my current boat a Hatt 61 CPMY and this boat is looking very good at this point in my life. This is a well thought out, purpose built vessel constructed to very high standards even for today. What a great ride.

Quote Originally Posted by ralexa6808 View Post
    I'm more of a Sherlock Holmes guy, but I think you might enjoy a series I recently discovered, out of Canada. It's called The Murdock Mysteries. It takes place around the 1890's, is written well, and has high production values.https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1091909/
    The Frankie Drake Mysteries seems to be from the same production house, filmed around Toronto.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht

I started this post with a great boat......now I have what can only be the opposite of a great boat. It's a pity that 1.25 million buys an ugly boat with what looks like Ikea interiors.....what say you all?

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/201...tance-3739053/

Speaking of this style of boat, has anyone ever seen in person, or for sale, the Hatteras 74' (I think) massively overbuilt trawlers; 4 were built I believe? I thought one was purchased by someone from Boeing in Seattle, years ago, and upgraded to be even more massive.
    50 Years on the Great Lakes...