Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Flush deck motor yacht

Those Trumpy yachts were/are beautiful! Certainly seem practical and more attractive than some of the present offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Viking made them in 55, 63 and I think 72, but not any more. But can’t think of anyone making them now. John
    Yes, these were limited to 1987-1992 model years and were designed and built by the Lazarra's at their Gulfstar facility in Tampa.
    I have the Viking 63. Everything except staterooms & Flybridge is on 1 level. Great interior design and layout but exterior lines are not to everyone's taste. I recall it being compared to a Winnebago.

The lazzara Viking design continued all the way till the end of Lazzara Tampa around 2012 but they followed the trend of going bigger. I think the smallest flush deck they did in the late 2000s was 68. I love flush decks. Not having steps that you have to climb up and down all day is great.

Problem under 70’ is indeed that you end up with a taller boat, incl a higher CG requiring stabs.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    Problem under 70’ is indeed that you end up with a taller boat, incl a higher CG requiring stabs.
    Agreed, On my sea trial, owner disengaged the stabs then re-engaged to prove they work. BIG improvement.

Dave Pascoe in one of his books cited the 55 Viking MY as one of the most rocky boats he's ever seen.

Anyone considering these boats needs to have working stabilizer or adjust price accordingly to have it installed.

Thanks for the information on CG .

Trumpys are beautiful boats; there are a fair number of them up here on the Chesapeake, or used to be. But the maintenance is equivalent to buying an additional boat every year, if it's all being done right.