Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: satellite view

satellite view

does anybody know of a place to get satellite views of earth from the past other then google earth pro? i bought some property that i would like to see the history of. everybody that i have talked to in the area lost all photos of the neighborhood in hurricane katrina. i know the lot had a house on it and i would like to see what was there in the past...i am about to start digging up footings from the old house so i can build a new place. it would be great to know what i am dealing with before i start.
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Re: satellite view

Did you try changing the date on Google Earth Pro. You can scroll back through the years. I think the ones for where I live go back to the 90's and are black & white. Also the USDA kept satellite images on file. They probably still have archives. I think Soil Conservation Service was the agency that had them.

The state or county or the tax authority may also have them.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

PM me the address, and an email. will send you what I can access. We use parcel mapping software that has aerials at least 10 years back. May have to ask about 2004.
    Mal
    Miss Molly
    '85 53ED #750

Quote Originally Posted by Briankinley2004 View Post
    Did you try changing the date on Google Earth Pro. You can scroll back through the years. I think the ones for where I live go back to the 90's and are black & white. Also the USDA kept satellite images on file. They probably still have archives. I think Soil Conservation Service was the agency that had them.
    i did use google earth pro and it goes back to 1989 but the clarity is terrible from back then. i thought maybe there would be another site to get better pics from
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacoast View Post
    PM me the address, and an email. will send you what I can access. We use parcel mapping software that has aerials at least 10 years back. May have to ask about 2004.
    sent you a pm
    Mis b' havin
    1972 58 yachtfish
    58yf352
    pass christian, ms.