Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Closed the year by closing on a 45C

I'm familiar with that boat. She's really a great exapmle of a nicely updated 45 Series II. She's always had good owners who knew what to do and how to do it right. Congrats!
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Well, I had to do something to improve 2020. I closed on my "new" '86 45C with QSM11's yesterday. Its going to be a long winter waiting to take a boat ride north in April. Happy New Year everyone!
    That's why God invented full enclosures and propane heaters.

Congrats on the new ride as she definitely looks nice
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Thanks, guys. My wife Marion and I are pretty excited about her. Keep your dance card open once the wx improves, Randy. I'll be looking for some experienced company for the ride north.

Now if I only knew someone looking for a 43C...
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Thanks, guys. My wife Marion and I are pretty excited about her. Keep your dance card open once the wx improves, Randy. I'll be looking for some experienced company for the ride north.

Now if I only knew someone looking for a 43C...
    Ready when you are, Bob.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    I'm familiar with that boat. She's really a great exapmle of a nicely updated 45 Series II. She's always had good owners who knew what to do and how to do it right. Congrats!
    Win Mag? Perfe boat for Bob
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Good eye. It is the Win Mag. I'm quite pleased.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Congratulations!! You all will be very happy with her- can't wait to hear about the epic ride north on one engine, if Bird is your copilot.

If you do take Randy one suggestion, let him pick the restaurants he has an eye...belly for them. No that’s not a crack on your waistline. It’s a compliment on your culinary expertise.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

I’m feeling the love.

I’m thinking we should head out in a couple of weeks when it’s 20 degrees with 25 knot winds at the mouth of the Potomac... after we check the battery connections. That’ll give everyone a good comparison between the 45C and the 46C I took through there this time last year. Then again, loosening the cables and losing both Cummins would allow a drift/roll/cuss comparison.

Then we can see if Dr. Jim renegs on another free meal offer. See what happens when you mess with the ole bird?
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Sadey View Post
    If you do take Randy one suggestion, let him pick the restaurants he has an eye...belly for them. No that’s not a crack on your waistline. It’s a compliment on your culinary expertise.
    Man, had it not been for COVID screwing up our original route, I had some dandy spots I was going to take you guys. We’ll hit those when we bring Beenaghetto back south where she belongs in winter. I know a great spot for conch in Provo.
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93