Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

glass lenses needed

I am reconditioning some older Hatteras running lamps; these are the teardrop ones that came on the cabin sides of boats like mine. (36C, 1971)

If anyone has some of the red or green little dome-shaped glass lenses that they want to part with, I will buy them. I have not been able to locate any through Bacon's locally or Sailorman on line (haven't called them yet, will Monday) These lenses were used in a lot of running lamps and were made by more than one company- they all seem to fit and since I am using LED bulbs, heat is no longer an issue.

Thanks in advance to anyone who might have some of them and is willing to sell them to me.

Re: glass lenses needed

There have to be some hanging around on an old wreck somewhere. I think that the ones on my '79 are the same as the ones I had on my '65 Chris Seaskiff 32'.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

There is a guy in New England area who still makes all old the running lights , minus
    the chrome . His web is BronzeBlocks.com . The web site didn't list parts when I bought mine
    so you can call him at 781 925 3312
    Good luck Ray

I have a NOS red round dome that fits all of the mid-to-late 1960s Chris Craft boats' running lights. It's on my Commander, I think. I'll post a pic over the weekend.

Is this what you're looking for?

DSC07640.jpg
    DSC07639.jpg

That is exactly it, I believe.

I looked at that web site. Man, if you like nautical hardware done as well as it can be done, you will LOVE that web site. Stuff is beautiful.

I’ve been looking all over for these lenses. No luck yet. I have a consignment store in Alameda I’m gonna check on Friday. It’s a consignment store for all boating parts. I’ll let you know.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have running lights recently removed from our 1979 43AC if that works for you.