Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Helping to Identify these Hatteras Yachts

Thanks for all the comments!
    I do agree with the last comment that there are a lot of "better" boats out there cheaper than $10,000 and in better condition. Those better deals are always located in California, Florida or North eastern States. Nothing in Texas where boats have a greater value and have a quick turn over. I have been searching for the past year on pretty much all the re sale sites on the web and even salvage yards. I have decided on a min. 41 foot and if they go on sale, they are bought up the same day. I looked into transporting some of those "Good" boats from afar and it always came up to another $10,000.
    The guy with the 74 is also selling his slip for $15,000 the other one rents the space for $350
    My goal is to eventually buy a slip to minimize on the monthly cost, Would just need to pay $45 to the harbor Master and electricity. If I put a decent grid up I could reduce the electric bill a bit.
    On another point I was thinking if I start moving major things around like the area of the fridge, tanks etc, I might end up with the boat not being level. I even played with the idea of removing the 2 motors and making a one level platform, but that would end the boat ever being a motorized boat and would make the boat even more unstable....

Neither of those boats are a '64 41. Just saying.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

That is what I am thinking... I actually just need to see the title to confirm it. I have been looking on line at all the different models of Hatteras and I just cant Identify properly.... Which is why my title is please help me to ID these boats.... Thank

Quote Originally Posted by Livingstoneman View Post
    That is what I am thinking... I actually just need to see the title to confirm it. I have been looking on line at all the different models of Hatteras and I just cant Identify properly.... Which is why my title is please help me to ID these boats.... Thank
    I own a '65 41DC and the '64 would have looked the same, short of a minor change in the side salon windows. The 41TC came out in later '65 and has a distinctively different look, especially the windshield. The brochure archives on this site are a good source for helping ID the older boats.
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93

Quote Originally Posted by Livingstoneman View Post
    Thanks for all the comments!
    I do agree with the last comment that there are a lot of "better" boats out there cheaper than $10,000 and in better condition. Those better deals are always located in California, Florida or North eastern States. Nothing in Texas where boats have a greater value and have a quick turn over. I have been searching for the past year on pretty much all the re sale sites on the web and even salvage yards. I have decided on a min. 41 foot and if they go on sale, they are bought up the same day. I looked into transporting some of those "Good" boats from afar and it always came up to another $10,000.
    The guy with the 74 is also selling his slip for $15,000 the other one rents the space for $350
    My goal is to eventually buy a slip to minimize on the monthly cost, Would just need to pay $45 to the harbor Master and electricity. If I put a decent grid up I could reduce the electric bill a bit.
    On another point I was thinking if I start moving major things around like the area of the fridge, tanks etc, I might end up with the boat not being level. I even played with the idea of removing the 2 motors and making a one level platform, but that would end the boat ever being a motorized boat and would make the boat even more unstable....
    Based on your market and your desires you may be better off finding a scrap steel barge and building a cabin on it, or pour one in concrete......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Buy and RV and park it on land somewhere....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice View Post
    Buy and RV and park it on land somewhere....
    Winner!

I agree. I think you're going to end up with a huge money pit that can't be moved, and will have the same effect on your bank account as mailing it a small low-yield nuclear device.

Ha, this has been fun. Thanks for your input and comments. I will get the project motor boat as it’s another experience I want to go through. I have already customized and lived in a bus, pop up, trailer, motor home and car. Lived in 18 countries and have been on over 100 planes. I currently own a Catalina 27 and want to go Motor boat. So this project will be just another feather in my hat. Life is what it’s all about!

I will get the project motor boat as it’s another experience I want to go through.

Remember you said that on 12/28/20. That was you speaking. Good luck. You will need it. The bright side is that even a very clapped-out Hatteras can still be worth saving.