Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Building a battery bank

Thanks for the replies. I am aware of the whole golf cart battery debate, etc. I was more looking in general to see if 12-12-8 was possible if I got in a bind. I could always replace the 12's later and use them in my other boat or easily sell, etc. I priced the Rolls last year and they were $2,600 for four of them (almost $700 each) and a 6-8 week lead time. Since I have been tossing around selling the boat I don't think I will see the payback. On top of that there was a 6-8 week lead time. Thats probably longer now due to Covid. Piripucha I am interested in how you handled the alternators on the 36 volt setup. Seems like they wouldn't put out enough to charge. I guess the house charger would do as long as the generator was running.

For Rolls call Powerrail.com

That $2600 bank will probably be closer to $1800.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

My 4 Rolls from Pascoe were $420 each. There was an additional $40 core refund on each old battery.
    Michael & Beth
    Hull Number CV312
    63’ Cockpit Motor Yacht
    1986 model launched in August 1987

Hatteras 56MY. Late summer of 2019, one of the terminals melted on a starboard battery and the starboard engine would not crank. i found the last of 8 DEKA 8V195s at National Battery about a year ago. When the arrived, 2 had been punctured by a forklift and NB gave me credit, but i was short 2 batteries. I found another DEKA on Ebay and a Precision battery from PASCO. The Precision voltage dropped to about 6.5-7 and the port bank wouldn't crank the port engine so i went scrounging and found a US Battery from Precision Battery and it fit with some "clearancing". No more issues with cranking and hopefully for 4-5 years.