Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Getting into the market seriously

Quote Originally Posted by rtrafford View Post
    Agreed, patience and recognition and respect for the weight of the gal...
    I feel like there is a mother in law joke in there....

And for the best large fenders in the world, check out SubSalve.com, I think it is, they make really high quality inflatable fenders from the same material from which they make lifting bags and salvage equipment. I have four of them, they are the best quality I've ever seen.

I am very happy with the move from my 44' sailboat to the 61' Hatt cpmy I bought last year. You should spend some time viewing the different boats, layouts and sizes and you will figure out what will work for you. The bigger the boat the more involved the systems, and the more time and $$$ for maintenance. Just have a look at a Hatteras Ownners manual and the diagrams and you will get a good idea what I mean.
    If you need a broker with in depth knowledge of the Hatteras product and an excellent work ethic I would suggest Scott Lucas at Boston Yacht 781-331-2400. I have known a lot of brokers (I used to be in the business) and most are fairly useless. Scott is one of the best.
    Good luck

Thanks for the referral, as the time gets closer I will give him a ring.

Once you find your boat buy a good quality bluetooth headset (We bought Eartecs) or as many refer to them as marriage savers. Also consider light weight fenders. I’ve personally used Mega Fend for both fenders and fender hangers. They are in Fort Lauderdale and their quality is excellent! All three of you will appreciate the light weightless of them while handling them.
    Freebird will also be an excellent addition to your helm for a spell although he was more of a fireball guy on Benedetto. Shout out brother!
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Thumbs up Re: Getting into the market seriously

I think there would be no problem for 2 or 3 people in handling one of these boats that you mentioned. For years my family owned a 1987 63 CPMY, (sadly lost during Hurricane Maria), and we had no trouble handling it with two people. My dad would captain and I would be on rope duty. Never had a problem.

Good luck in your search!
    JCG

The wireless "Marriage Saver" headphones are on my Christmas list (hopefully I have been nice enough that Santa will get them for me). The only problem with that plan is that in my house the only old fat guy bringing presents is me...

Thanks for the words of encouragement on the ability for us to, with training and experience, handle the boat ourselves.

Thanks for the tip on the Megafend fenders--those look like what the doctor ordered.

I love those inflatable fenders. There are quite a few manufacturers. I use Ryobi inflator to pump them up. Its quick and I already have the 18v batteries on board for the other tools.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RYOBI-ON...E&gclsrc=aw.dsinflator.jpg
    Last edited by SKYCHENEY; 12-07-2020 at 07:33 PM.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Sky, will that inflator work with a Halkey-Roberts valve, the kind on dinghies?