Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: What to do in New Bern on a Rainy Saturday

Morehead City always intrigued me.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

I hope the highlight of your trip is finding the 45 to be worthy of an offer. Good luck. And if you move forward make sure on sea trial the QSM's are burning low enough GPH to be propped properly. Seaboard Marine has the numbers you need. Friend of mine had his overpropped, melted a turbo, and ran 9 gallons of oil out the exhaust in about a minute. That was quite a show. Was lucky to save the block. QSM has quite the bulletproof rep but only if propped correctly.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Is the boat a 45 or a 43? There is reportedly a 43 with QSM11's and Northern Lights gennie for sale in or about the same location.

She's a 45. I'm also familiar with the 43 with the QSM's down in Charleston, but imho they've done some stupid stuff to it. Like painting the entire interior white, or worse, removing the bow rail. Yea, it looks real cool, but talk about stupid. Bow rails are there for a reason. I fish offshore extensively and would not go out there without one. I don't care how cool the Buddy Davis looks.

I've been picking Tony Athens' brain for the past 2 weeks and learned a lot in the process. It sounds like you're ok as long as you keep the burn under 20gph per engine. At that rate, they claim that this one runs 23 - 24kts. These are the 535hp model. We'll see.
    Last edited by Bob Bradley; 12-02-2020 at 09:42 PM.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by racclarkson@gmail.com View Post
    15 over is a felony in NC.
    Yeah no. Tell it to the Judge
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Thumbs up Re: What to do in New Bern on a Rainy Saturday

Found the add for the 45C I think you'll be looking at. Only some exterior pictures in the add I saw, but it looks good. Please keep us posted on what you find. As a 1987 45C owner, I always like to see other similar boats and look at what all has been done to them.

Good luck!
    JCG

If you get a chance, please post the link to the ad. If its not the one I'm looking at, I would really like to know about it.

Current Owner seemed to be a straight shooter. I couldn't believe it didn't sell back in the summer.

Definitional sounds like a great combo of equipment.

(1) Hatteras Owners | Facebook

https://www.bayport.biz/?fcapi=creat...pdf&lno=1461Is

Last edited by Eddieclemons; 12-03-2020 at 01:08 PM.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's

"Little Washington" brings back fond memories as my grandfather pastored a church there. As for the NCHP, those folks have no sense of humor, and the old, "9 you're fine, 10 you're mine", deal never caught on with them. My late uncle was a NC State Trooper in the days of big Plymouths with wedge thingies sticking up from the hood and VASCAR that would ruin your day. 15MPH over will definitely get you in front of a judge.

If you head over to Morehead City, you need to check out the Sanitary Fish Market, just to say you have. I think it's pretty much a requirement for ever having been to Morehead. Lots of memories there too as it's been there forever. Hope the boat turns out to be "the one".
    Randy Register - Kingston, TN
    www.yachtrelocation.com
    www.Safes4Guns.com
    aka Freebird aka Sparky1
    1965 41DC #93