Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Re: What to do in New Bern on a Rainy Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    Given a choice between fishing and working, it would take a few nanoseconds to decide.... if that long.
    To paraphrase your guiding philosopher, Navis Longa, Vita Brevis!
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Bradley View Post
    Yes. We sold the business files to a local supermarket in Aug of 2019. Thank God before Covid.
    Glad to hear you got out in time. My SIL is a Pharmacist in NC. He worked for a Husband and wife independent for a few years hoping to someday take over the business when they retired. They ended up folding. Then he went to Rite Aid Wallgreens closed his store when they bought them out and fired everyone. Out of desperation he took a job at an independent just off 95 that caters to pill poppers coming from the pain clinics in Florida. He quit there after refusing to fill sketchy scripts. Now he works part time as needed bouncing between local hospitals. It’s a bad time to be a pharmacist.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Well, survey is tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed guys. For both of us - Jake, the owner, lurks around here too.

I'll talk to you tomorrow, Jake.
    Bob
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau