Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Battery Charger

Re: Battery Charger

I have 16 8 volt batteries. In 4 banks of 32 V. Each bank is 165AH. My addition was off. I have 660 Ah total.. I use this as one house bank. I have had this set up for 4 years and it has worked really well. With the outback Inverter we can run just about everything that is 120v..

I am very happy with my set up, but was hoping to fiind a quicker way to charge the batteries while on the hook..

Maybe a second outback, or additional Charger is the answer..

900 AH at 12 volts
    Attached Images
    Scott
    41C117 "Hattatude"
    Port Canaveral Florida.

Marine Electronics and Electrical Products Distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I have 16 8 volt batteries. In 4 banks of 32 V. Each bank is 165AH. My addition was off. I have 660 Ah total.. I use this as one house bank. I have had this set up for 4 years and it has worked really well. With the outback Inverter we can run just about everything that is 120v..

I am very happy with my set up, but was hoping to fiind a quicker way to charge the batteries while on the hook..

Maybe a second outback, or additional Charger is the answer..
    When I want to speed up my charging, I use the Outback and my Analytic charger at the same time.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

thanks Sky.. I think that is my solution, run the outback and add an additional Charger when I need a faster charge..

thanks all..

That's a huge battery bank, now I am jealous! You definitely need to add another charger. Even an old sentry charger would probably work for your application. You will probably need to mess with the outback voltage profile to make sure that it doesn't stop charging when if the other charger puts out more volts. or add another outback.

There's discussion on here that the 40v outback can be adjusted to work at 32volts or even that a 32v outback can still be custom ordered.

This way you can chain them together for more output and charging.
    1978 60C "Reel Action" Hull number 4 (304), 1986 36 Sedan "El Dorado" Hull Number 24 (324)

Quote Originally Posted by sixty View Post
    There's discussion on here that the 40v outback can be adjusted to work at 32volts or even that a 32v outback can still be custom ordered.
    I know someone said that hypothetically here, but when I contacted an Outback salesperson, they were unaware of the possibility.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Is this not what we are looking for?

https://dcpoweronboard.com/phase-thr...tery-chargers/
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Is this not what we are looking for?

https://dcpoweronboard.com/phase-thr...tery-chargers/
    That's only a 25amp charger.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Scott, How does the useable power output work with your set up at 990 Ah @ 12 volts. Vs mine at 660 Ah @ 32 volt.

P=IV ???