Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Doorway Light domes and front Mirror light power / breaker source?

OK team.

53 Hatteras (77)
    Where to the lines to the Perko style surface mount dome lights lead? Looks like they don't have their own breaker? We are talking about the lines above the door way entry on the exterior?

Similar questions. We have a light above the mirror in the crew/v-birth. It's not switched. Anyone know where it leads? Thank you!!
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

Barnegat lighthouse, LBI NJ

Re: Doorway Light domes and front Mirror light power / breaker source?

Phil if your talking about the exterior lights on both sides of pilothouse doorways mine are controlled via the DC panel breaker labeled upper level lighting and has a switch on both sides for each light. I think the wiring goes up to the flybridge but can’t confirm. My V berth lights have a switch on the actual lights and a lower level lights breaker in same dc panel.
    Last edited by MadHatter53; 11-29-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

I had the same problem. I do not have the breaker referenced. With all DC breakers turned off I still have power to those lights. My boat is a 1974.
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

My wiring diagram shows that both the "door lights" are on the 32V breaker with the aft and salon.
    BUT I am trying to find where the wire is run

It's in the fiberglass bow. Would love to find the other end!
    Head to the flybridge now to check it out.

One of min is bad with no bare ends. The other one is hot.
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

That is negative in the flybridge.
    Maybe the cable chase?
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492

My stbd light was bad and I found the connection under the light housing to be poorly crimped, lucky for me I could tug another inch or so to redo the connection. My switches are just aft of each doorway so they might come in to the pillar which is also a wire chase then to the switch then to breaker panel. Maybe try checking for voltage at the switch and do a visual from there to see where the wiring appears to go.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

The light switch for each entry light is next to the chase on each side of the door. The bathroom switch is on the wall next to the sink. It also has a toggle switch for the 32 volt light. Check your bulbs if they do not turn on. Mine were all blown and corroded when I bought the boat. Hopefully this is what you are asking about.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    The light switch for each entry light is next to the chase on each side of the door. The bathroom switch is on the wall next to the sink. It also has a toggle switch for the 32 volt light. Check your bulbs if they do not turn on. Mine were all blown and corroded when I bought the boat. Hopefully this is what you are asking about.

On my boat - The light switches in the salon next to the chases on each side operate the 32v salon light in the ceiling. They are 3 way switches. The 32v deck lights (above the pilot doors) are operated by switches on the lights themselves. In my crew head, there is a switch that operates both the 32v dome light in the head and the 32v dome light in the shower at the same time, and a second switch that operates the 110v light above the mirror/medicine cabinet.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Lots of changes and re-wiring have been done on these boats. I have two light switches on each side. One for the outside light and one for the overhead. On the starboard side it is one for the outside light and one for rope lights that go underneath the window coverings
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I have zero room to pull the cable.
    And its' pretty shot. can get a reading on the one even with the meter prob push in.

Just drilled a hole to the cable chase. Running LED strip and updating the corroded lights.

It's a good thing, I was warming up to the idea of putting that circuit with the salon and aft lights over on the 24 V system.
    Aperture
    1977 53' MY Hull #492