Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Ft Myers Boat Rental

Heading for a couple of weeks of vacation at the end of February to Ft Myers to get out of Minnesota winter. While we are there, I wanted to take my family for a boat ride on the intercostal waterway, and was wondering if anyone had feedback on where to rent from? Thinking about a 24+ foot deck-boat.

Doing a web search, there appear to be a lot of options, but since I am new to the Ft Myers area, any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, any advice on good seafood restaurants in the area would also be appreciated. Like boat rental options, there are a lot of options, but I would guess some are better then others. Should reservations be made now, or will I still be able to get a table if I wait until I arrive?

Marcus
    Beach House
    Beach House-Hull#421

Re: Ft Myers Boat Rental

Highly recommend Matanza’s under the bridge in Fort Myers beach.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Great advice. Thank you.

We will definitely put it on our list. I just checked out their menu and it looks fantastic!!!
    Beach House-Hull#421

Rum Runners has not let us down. Tends to pack up tho. I think you can dock and dine there. I wish I had info for a rental but we've never rented here. We've also enjoyed the Green Flash on Captiva and it is worth using the men's room there. It has a one way mirror behind the bar and it is right over the urinals. Makes you feel like you are pissing in someone's drink. It's a hoot. Boca Grande Marina has a place that could work but due dilligence would be required to ensure you can dock and dine there.
    Regards
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter1 View Post
    Highly recommend Matanza’s under the bridge in Fort Myers beach.
    Best Conch chowder there.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Other waterfront restaurants with dockage:

Grandma Dots on the south end of Captiva--great grouper rueben.
    Woody's on the south end of Pine Island--Great burgers.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Glad I plan to be there for two weeks so I can check out all of these restaurants, and I had not thought about stopping for lunch at one of these places when we are cruising around the Inter-coastal...
    Beach House-Hull#421

There is Cabbage Key as well. Good dock 'n dine. If you don't mind taking a cruise boat instead of your own, check out Useppa for lunch. To dock there you have to know people. Captiva Cruises can get you in there for lunch. They can do Cabage as well.

One of the best dinners we've had was at Fresh Catch Bistro on Ft. Myers Beach. They have a supper happy hour with fab HH appy's.
    Regards
    Dan