Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: V-Berth Linens

V-Berth Linens

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Is there a certain place to buy v-berth sheets/comforters? Our 36 has what seems to be a custom made mattress, and is one piece. I'd like to find some sheets to fit, and possibly a memory foam pad. (thinking of just cutting my own memory foam topper at this point)

All the sites I've found seems to have only one size sheet which seems too big.

What has everyone else done?

Re: V-Berth Linens

On a luhrs I previously owned our mattress was a weird shape so we just got whatever size fit and tucked the excess underneath. I had to buy a queen size topper and cut some corners and such for fit and that took up some slack in the oversized sheets. They also sell some kind of suspender looking thing to tighten them up.
    ENUFF. 1983 53MY.Hull #617 Barnegat Light Nj.

Did you look online. I see places like this that make custom. The Admiral made all of ours so have not had any dealings with this place or any other.

https://www.yachtbedding.com/?gclid=...SAAEgIsSvD_BwE
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

You can try my buddy Fred at Boatique. Tell him I sent you if you do.

https://boatiqueusa.com/

860-767-8765
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Is there a certain place to buy v-berth sheets/comforters? Our 36 has what seems to be a custom made mattress, and is one piece. I'd like to find some sheets to fit, and possibly a memory foam pad. (thinking of just cutting my own memory foam topper at this point)

All the sites I've found seems to have only one size sheet which seems too big.

What has everyone else done?
    I would order a foam mattress from Amazon. You can get a variety of sizes and thicknesses. Arrives in a box and "deploys" to its normal size when you take the plastic off. Amazing to watch. You can make PERFECT cuts with the electric knife you may have dug up today, or get one. As far as sheets, I too make my own, but you can pin a normal sheet around the new V mattress you cut and take it to someone who will sew it up with elastic. Or get a sewing machine. It's not hard.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Perfect, thanks for the input.

I'll look up Boatique as well.