Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Windscreen

Windscreen

Anyone have any idea where i may get a replacement windscreen for my 1987 32 Ft.
    Hatteras FlyBridge.

Re: Windscreen

Cesnay Plastics in Fort Lauderdale, 954-568-2002, is who Sams uses and recommended. Not sure if they have the patterns or just copy current windscreen. We have used him for a number of plastic jobs on Benedetto.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

Re: Windscreen

I called Sams with the same question and they referred me to Cesany Plastics. Sam's is the reason an antique Hatteras is better than an antique anything else. So I always take their recommendations seriously and have never been disappointed.

I just installed my new windscreen from Cesany Plastics last weekend to go with all new canvas. The flybridge now feels like a new boat and since a new boat like this costs a few million bucks that's how good I feel driving up here.

Cesany takes two weeks to fabricate from using your old windscreen as a template. My old one required a 10 foot sheet of Lexan that could not be sourced so they designed the new one with two new pieces. The new design was much easier to ship and install. I don't notice the splice at all.

Total price was $2k which matched the estimate. Allen Cesany was very communicative, easy to deal with, and quite innovative in solving some additional problems caused when I broke the old windscreen into pieces that then sunk to the bottom of my marina. He would probably appreciate it if you do not involve divers in the fabrication process.

Bruce
    Freestyle
    1986 62 CPMY (54MY with ext)
    Tampa