Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Instalalarm switch identification

I have a Crozier Instalarm panel with worn markings. What I need to identify is what the two on/off switches do. Switch "A" I'll identify as the one in the center of the panel, switch "B" I'll identify as the one directly below the black rotary switch. The panel needs new bulbs for the bilge and oil plus the cover for the bilge alarm bulb. I also need to know how to test the panel with the switches. I did find an archive post about this but the 2nd switch is not mentioned. Thanks for your help!
    Attached Images
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

Re: Instalalarm switch identification

The bottom switch is to turn off the oil alarm when the engine is not running. The test rotary knob simply closes the circuit to each function, thereby checking the bulb and alarm. Mine does not have that second switch, but it should be easy to figure out once you get all of the bulbs working.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

I have no idea, mine has only one toggle switch. Sams has new face plates for those units, however they only have one hole for the toggle switch. Looks like someone added a switch at some point. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

OK, further investigation (opened it up) shows that the additional switch appears to be a defeat switch for the audible alarm. With it in its off position only the lights illuminate when the Test switch is rotated. Based on what I see with the wiring, it may/may not be factory. Whether or not it performs an additional function is still unclear. Anyway, on to replacing the bad bulbs and the plastic bulb cover. Thanks for the replies.
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

that makes sense, but probably not in a good way. I tripped the high water alarm once while cleaning the bilge and there is no way to turn the damn thing off. It stays on for awhile. I resorted to disconnecting the fuse, but I suspect the po added a switch.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

One final question; Looking for replacements, the CM 1825 bulb apparently comes in a couple of different voltages. What voltage is the panel?
    Robert Moore
    Lagniappe
    '73 53' Hatteras Classic
    Hull 391

Quote Originally Posted by RJM View Post
    One final question; Looking for replacements, the CM 1825 bulb apparently comes in a couple of different voltages. What voltage is the panel?
    Sams has all of the bulbs and will know what you need.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI