Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MSR Decor....

MSR Decor....

Pleated and lined curtains off the shelf, but an acquaintance with a blind stitching machine properly hemmed them for a small fee. Only thing I changed was the location of the side tracks. For some reason they are almost a foot off the side wall. I moved them to 3-1/2" off the wall which greatly increased the "volume" of the cabin with curtains closed, not to mention the usable surface on the dressers. (Used a 3/4" x 3/4" piece of mahogany (sapele) to span three places where I could fasten it, and screwed the track to that.) And as you can see, the Admiral is using that surface!

Before and after.
    Attached Images
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Re: MSR Decor....

Nicely done!
    John Novotny
    1979 53 MY "Serenity" #567
    Baltimore, MD

Looks great, we did the same thing could not understand why those tracks were so far from the walls, your lucky though, my wife managed to fill that space with family pictures. John
    Mahalo V
    1974 53 Motoryacht
    Hull Number 406
    San Diego, Ca. Ready 32 Nordic Tug, Brunswick Ga.

Looks really good. The colors compliment each other and showcase the beauty of the wood.
    Good Job!
    "Lady Beatrice"
    Rob Pettigrew
    1965 50' Flushdeck Hull#9
    Houma, La.

https://www.samsmarine.com/forums/im...ine=1599353347

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett View Post
    Looks great, we did the same thing could not understand why those tracks were so far from the walls, your lucky though, my wife managed to fill that space with family pictures. John
    She says she's not done yet.....
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

"She'll redecorate your home, from the cellar to the dome, and get on with the enthralling, task of overhauling YOU"

My Fair Lady, Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Lowe.

Hello Oscar,

I am pleased you are enjoying your new boat and am following all your posts.

I need to replace or update the 1980's light blue velvet covered pelmet above the OSR side windows. I like the bare wood effect you created when all the fabric and staples were were removed.

What is the height of the pelmet wood from top to bottom please? Maybe we will be lucky and find quality wood under all our fabric. They made wavy cutouts for the big Bomar escape windows to rise into. Hideous.
    +++
    1984 61MY #353 with 9' cockpit extension.
    Sydney, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    "She'll redecorate your home, from the cellar to the dome, and get on with the enthralling, task of overhauling YOU"

My Fair Lady, Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Lowe.
    We reached lasting agreement about the extent to which we were willing to change a long time ago, and at this time both parties are in compliance. The case can not be reopened without compelling, and incriminating, new evidence.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 11-22-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    We reached lasting agreement about the extent to which we were willing to change a long time ago, and at this time both parties are in compliance. The case can not be reopened without compelling, and incriminating, new evidence.
    Famous last words of every husband before he says, Yes dear. LOL
    Regards;
    Byron
    “In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant.”
    ― Elwood P. Dowd

Evidence? Reminds of "badges??? BADGES??? we don' need no steenking badges..."