Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Looking for a "Palm Beach" condition yacht fish or classic 48-58

Having a bow thruster was a deal breaker for us when we were shopping. Now they only time it gets used is to help the admiral to get the bow line tight without effort on her part.
    Dave & Trina
    Benedetto
    1989 60MY HATDK310
    Sturgeon Bay/Ft. Lauderdale

I wonder why the Ex Starfire went back on the market so soon to the previous sale? Gorgeous boat that I'd briefly considered. Lucky Chuck is double ending commission on that boat in a few short years!

In any event, unless Tom East actually wants to sell his 58 (excellent choice and example of "Palm Beach" condition) you'll have a tough time finding a classic Hatteras without any projects or restoration work to do in the exact form you're looking for...
    Be prepared to do some of the projects or have them done...not cheap.

Agree that any good classic Hatteras deserves to be treated with the respect they deserve to maintain the stature they held and hopefully continue to hold among all the new "condo style" new boats hitting the market with toys and joysticks that I'm sure make most of us in this Forum cringe...

It's so nice to come across boats like the Ex Starfire and see them in their glory.

I wish I had some suggestions other than find a good solid one that hasn't been modified to the point of original recognition; and start restoring her with refined updates, maintenance and some new electronics...

And to add to the discussion and comments on bow/stern thrusters; agree - I've never had any trouble under any conditions using twins to dock or maneuver - learn the tricks of using twins and thrusters are not necessary.
    They are more like the new home must haves "stainless appliances and granite counter tops" - nice but not necessary. My $.02.

Good luck with your search!

Michael
    Last edited by CanadianBoater; 11-28-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBoater View Post
    I wonder why the Ex Starfire went back on the market so soon to the previous sale? Gorgeous boat that I'd briefly considered. Lucky Chuck is double ending commission on that boat in a few short years!

In any event, unless Tom East actually wants to sell his 58 (excellent choice and example of "Palm Beach" condition) you'll have a tough time finding a classic Hatteras without any projects or restoration work to do in the exact form you're looking for...
    Be prepared to do some of the projects or have them done...not cheap.

Agree that any good classic Hatteras deserves to be treated with the respect they deserve to maintain the stature they held and hopefully continue to hold among all the new "condo style" new boats hitting the market with toys and joysticks that I'm sure make most of us in this Forum cringe...

It's so nice to come across boats like the Ex Starfire and see them in their glory.

I wish I had some suggestions other than find a good solid one that hasn't been modified to the point of original recognition; and start restoring her with refined updates, maintenance and some new electronics...

And to add to the discussion and comments on bow/stern thrusters; agree - I've never had any trouble under any conditions using twins to dock or maneuver - learn the tricks of using twins and thrusters are not necessary.
    They are more like the new home must haves "stainless appliances and granite counter tops" - nice but not necessary. My $.02.

Good luck with your search!

Michael
    Broker told me it was sold, but now says they never sent a deposit? Not only that, when I contacted him and he said it was sold, he said it was being cleaned top to bottom and my thoughts where why wasn't that done before the listing but I assume that it is more important to get it listed first as time is money. I did see where a member here had the boat for a short time and sold it April 8th 2019 for 250k after being listed for about 7 months. Also, I wonder why it says the staging belongs to VYB and does not convey. It has no furniture? What's that about? I will ask if still available. Not in a big hurry, can afford to wait on the right boat, might even "can it" and go in another direction as I don't think I will find a fully restored Hat that someone spent more than stupid money on because they could. I love the very early Hatteras furnishing, not that these are those. I am probably too particular....

"This boat is staged. The staging items belong to Virginia Yacht Brokers and do not convey."
    Last edited by ADOPO; 11-30-2020 at 10:33 AM.

That boat is beautiful and I assure you that it will go to her new owner fully furnished. The staging items (I'm certain that the broker will povide a list if asked) are things like throw pillows, bed covers and linens, and some towels. Perhaps a knick knack or lamp or two. As a broker who also does staging, you would be surprised how much time, energy and $$$ goes into collecting up and installing a professional yacht staging job. Those guys do it right. All you have to do is look at the photos of their inventory. Here is a before and after staging of one of my listings. Yes, Thats the same boat.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by SeaEric; 11-30-2020 at 09:19 PM.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I look at most of VYB listings over time just for the enjoyment and knowledge of seeing different boat layouts and feature set. 50% of most listings on YW I can't even get through the 1st couple of pics. Boat staging easily raises my wife's boat budget 50K or more.
    Eddie Clemons Nashville, TN Southern Pride 1988 52CHATCS441K788 2004 Caterpillar 3406e's