Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Re: Hatteras closing!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeepseafisher View Post
    So what’s everyone’s guess as to how much it would take to buy Hatteras? Who better to keep it going than a bunch of Hatteras owners?
    Where do I start....... I watched a bunch of pilots buy an airline once, twice..... three times actually. Poof. Poof. Poof. Loving the product is one thing. Running a business is another. Now there are quite a few yacht owners that ran successful businesses and bought their yachts. I suspect none of them would want to get into this business.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Any updates on this?

All quiet here in New Bern.

4. Re: Hatteras closing!!

Quote Originally Posted by finatic View Post
    All quiet here in New Bern.
    What does that mean exactly? Is it closed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    What does that mean exactly? Is it closed or not?
    Pretty self explanatory ......I haven't heard anything!

Saw a press release saying They launched the first 105 RPH in December and are expected to deliver it in February.
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

I couldn't afford a new Hatteras. At the Ft Lauderdale boat show the last five or six years I would talk to the designers. I thought they were arrogant know it alls. Not interested in any feedback or suggestions. A friend took delivery of a Motor Yacht last year. Used to buy a new Hatteras every other year in the old days. The new boat was a bad experience and he had his Captain at the plant a good deal of the time. He said he was finished with Hatt. Never again.
    Tomrealest@aol.com
    Needs, Wants & Desires
    1978 58 Hatteras Yachtfish
    SEA 21
    1974 46C #313 Hatteras Convertible

Good news,,, I think! Hatteras has been purchased by Bass Pro Shops! They are going to move production of their Ranger and Mako boats to New Bern and hire about 500 more employees. Haven't heard anything yet about their plans for the current Hatteras line.

Quote Originally Posted by finatic View Post
    Good news,,, I think! Hatteras has been purchased by Bass Pro Shops! They are going to move production of their Ranger and Mako boats to New Bern and hire about 500 more employees. Haven't heard anything yet about their plans for the current Hatteras line.
    I posted a link to the press release in the other thread. Focus will be on sportfish but they will still build a few MY
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat