Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hatteras 43 MY for sale in Annapolis area

There is a Hatteras 43 aft cabin MY, no flybridge, on the Annapolis, MD CL- evidently a running boat but needs cleanup and updating. The asking price is 16K. I don't know the boat, don't know the owners, and don't have any other information on it.

But someone should buy this boat and resurrect it. There's a lot there, including running DD 8v53 naturals, and I've seen way worse boats go for way more.

Re: Hatteras 43 MY for sale in Annapolis area

A decade ago when I was shopping for a boat, I made a serious run at CS and Company. She was then located in a covered slip in Galesville, MD. She was an OK boat but not a star. I made what I thought was a fair offer. The seller didn't agree and the boat lingered on the market. As far as I know, That following Winter she had some sort of mishap that resulted in her winding up submerged in her slip. Perhaps the insurance company's offer was sweeter than mine. This boat has been kicking around on and off of Craigslist ever since.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

I have not seen the listing, but this must be a 43DC, not a 43MY. I don't think the MY ever came with 8v53's.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    I have not seen the listing, but this must be a 43DC, not a 43MY. I don't think the MY ever came with 8v53's.
    You are correct. I was drawn to this boat because it was, for the most part, unmolested. Twins aft, no bridge. I would have offered higher if she had 671N's. It's shame whats become of her.
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    A decade ago when I was shopping for a boat, I made a serious run at CS and Company. She was then located in a covered slip in Galesville, MD. She was an OK boat but not a star. I made what I thought was a fair offer. The seller didn't agree and the boat lingered on the market. As far as I know, That following Winter she had some sort of mishap that resulted in her winding up submerged in her slip. Perhaps the insurance company's offer was sweeter than mine. This boat has been kicking around on and off of Craigslist ever since.
    She definitely went under in her slip? I had just seen the sellers posts in other places and was interested but I think I would pass given that information.

I'm new to this site. My wife and I started an 8 year plan (getting the last kid out the door to start the live aboard life. It's a great wealth of information. Was thinking I could have a project project boat while we look more long term.

Quote Originally Posted by crabdaddy View Post
    She definitely went under in her slip? I had just seen the sellers posts in other places and was interested but I think I would pass given that information.

I'm new to this site. My wife and I started an 8 year plan (getting the last kid out the door to start the live aboard life. It's a great wealth of information. Was thinking I could have a project project boat while we look more long term.
    If you shop carefully and are not in a hurry, you can probably buy a fairly nice one in the $30's. To replace the Genset alone could easily be $12K. You may be well served to start with a better boat.
    Eric

Hey SeaEric: Do you think DD 671 nat is a better engine than 853?

Quote Originally Posted by rjdhaem View Post
    Hey SeaEric: Do you think DD 671 nat is a better engine than 853?
    I'm not Sea Eric, nor the most knowledgeable guy here, but I bought a 43DC with 6-71 naturals because I felt there was less to go wrong, and maintain vs turbo, and also because of the form factor of it being inline, meaning that there is more room to work on the sides of the motor, because it is vertical.

In addition, I think there are some aspects of the design of the 71 series that is more desireable than the 53 or 92 series in some cases.
    Last edited by brettportzer; 11-13-2020 at 01:05 PM.
    Brett Portzer 1972 Hatteras 43DC331
    2019- SUPERNOVA Waterford, NY
    1977-2019 CAROL-SUE Baltimore, MD
    1972-1977 C.VALPRISANN IV Boston, MA

The reason I ask, I am looking for a 42DC. Found one with DD 671N. What is the performance like with the stated HP (around 280)? What problems should I look for?

Correction: 43DC