Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Re: Looking for advise, 53, 58 and 70 footer

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    If you plan to use the boat mainly on the Great Lakes then anything under 60' is best. The longer and wider the boat, the more limitations on finding slips or haul out facilities.

While I have not checked everywhere I have seen a limitation on size in the local port huron area and Lake St.Clair area. I think this is something I need to research more!
    Thank you for your input

FYI . the 53 Hatteras STARFIRE is still for sale at VA Yacht Brokers .

Quote Originally Posted by edward View Post
    FYI . the 53 Hatteras STARFIRE is still for sale at VA Yacht Brokers .
    I will check it out!
    Thanks!

I was aboard about 2 years ago ,it was very , very nice. The broker said they sold it to a couple that had issues with the ladder/stairs to the fly bridge. So not much usage. Good luck . Edward

I was aboard about 2 years ago ,it was very , very nice. The broker said they sold it to a couple that had issues with the ladder/stairs to the fly bridge. So not much usage. Good luck . Edward
    I looked yesterday and I found it on I think yacht world or boats.com, it was shown as pending on one of those sights. I went direct to the VA Yacht Brokers sight, it does not show pending there.

Looks real sharp, very updated with stabilizers and bow thrusters, definitely on the short list.
    No hours listed on the motors, so I'm guessing high hours. I hate when they leave the hours off, It just sends a bad message. Might have to inquire further. I have a 70 footer I think I will post a link to here and see if anyone knows the boat.
    Thanks for the info!

Does anyone have any knowledge of "Golden Girl" 61' extended to 70 ft. down in Arkansas?

https://www.frankgordonyachts.com/boats-for-sale/1981-hatteras-70-cockpit-motor-yacht-little-rock-arkansas-6222295/

or "Painted Life" 58' extended to 72' in Orange Beach Alabama?
    https://www.alliedmarine.com/used-ya...sale/7091235_2

Both have caught my eye but you just can't tell much from the pictures as to the real condition of the boats from the pictures!

Many times the extended hulls don't perform well. It depends on if the running gear was extended or not and what the extended length does to the fore/aft buoyancy. I would not consider one without some serious investigation into the who did the work.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Bob , I spoke with the broker Wednesday at Va Yacht Broker said it was still there and for sale ? ! Give them a call .

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Many times the extended hulls don't perform well. It depends on if the running gear was extended or not and what the extended length does to the fore/aft buoyancy. I would not consider one without some serious investigation into the who did the work.
    Good point, I don't know how you can find out if it has issues though?

Bob , I spoke with the broker Wednesday at Va Yacht Broker said it was still there and for sale ? ! Give them a call .
    Thank you