Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Re: Looking for advise, 53, 58 and 70 footer

Quote Originally Posted by motoryacht lover View Post
    Mr. smith is that a recent picture of your hatt? That is a beautiful well kept boat. If you have a picture of swim platform I would like to see it as I want to do something similar on my boat.
    Thanks...The picture is 2 years ago. Having a boathouse and a lot of pride helps to keep her better than new!!!

Thanks for the pictures of the swim platform.

Nice to see RVYC on the stern! Unusual to see people standing in the cold water though. 🤣

I was acting Harbor Master of RVYC Coal Harbour at the time of the twin otter accident.

It was my weekend and summer job thru college. I had a wonderful Harbour Master boss, Stan Kane.

Loved working there lifting boats etc, but went into banking after college.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Smith View Post
    Attachment 46339
    I bought the last 53 ever built New in 1989. It's a 53ED. We like to boat year round and loved the huge interior salon.
    We had thought about adding a cockpit but instead we replaced the Hatteras swim grid with a 4 foot custom. Never thought about a cockpit again. We have owned Prime Time IV since new. Boathouse kept with many upgrades and only 1300 original hours. I know others who've added an expensive cockpit and regretted it as it changes the handling characteristics of the boat.
    As I'm pushing 80 I soon have to realize that my boating days are numbered. Our 53 is a great boat.
    Good Luck
    Beautiful boat and looks in great shape. Are you going to sell in the future? Thanks

If you are still looking for a boat I just put mine up for sale. 1 cpmy on yacht world.

Quote Originally Posted by rourkeh View Post
    If you are still looking for a boat I just put mine up for sale. 1 cpmy on yacht world.
    Can you post the link or a little more information so we can find it on yacht world?

Thank you!