So I have been skulking around in here since spring when me and the Admiral decided we wanted a larger boat to "possibly" live on during the summer months here in Michigan. After a few months of looking at cheaper and smaller boats we easily settled on Hatteras as the most desirable boat for us. We also are experienced "boat creep" LOL. It seems that you can get a nice 53, 58 or even 70 footer for nearly the same price. We found 3 really nice 53's local to our area that we really like with one standing out that we did put an offer in on but were not able to secure the financing at the time. (need more down payment). Since then we found a real nice 58 MY that is local and beautifully restored that could be had for the same price as the 53. There is also a 70 in Arkansas that actually "looks" more updated and has a cockpit as well (it's a 61 extended to 70)

Just curious if any of you could offer advice on what you would choose and why. Big open ended question I know But hey I just thought this would be the place to ask!

Any input would be much appreciated!