Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Re: $60k Hatteras 52C

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceClark View Post
    I had to scratch my head knowing the Frozen gas giant Uranus is about 10% methane. (no pun intended)
    I see what you did there. Probably so did everybody else, but I thought it worth acknowledgement.
    Last edited by Avenger; 12-28-2020 at 09:08 AM.
    --- The poster formerly known as Scrod ---

I want to live in Theory, everything works there.

1970 36C375

Salty Sam, thousands of feet down is where the old seabed’s are due to plate mechanics, as are some prehistoric sea shells thousands of feet high in the mountains. Sediment beds pushed up or down.

I believe Catalina islands in California grow a couple of inches a year. The tops of mountains are usually a bad spot to explore for oil though. 🤣😂🤣😂

Oil wells will replenish a bit due to the thousands of microscopic pores of oil that may find their way into the old wells thru porous rocks. That is what hydraulic fracking is all about, explosive charges to send cracks into the rocks to create fizzures filled with oil.

Get below 6,000 feet and the pressure and heat turns oil deposits into natural gas. Those Nat gas deposits raised by plate tectonics can be much closer to the surface.

Comments deleted. It's not worth the aggravation.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 12-28-2020 at 09:51 AM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

No politics allowed but personal attacks are ok?
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Consider the America's Cup yachts today as compared to the original 12 meter. Who would of thought a sailing hydroplane would exceed 50 knots.
    I've gone down the sailing route, however there will not be any solar or wind electric generation onboard. When its time to kick back for the day the diesel genset is getting fired up to cool the thing down and provide hot water and fresh h2o.
    If there is no wind the diesel Perkins is gonna be burning and churning. Let the Market do its thing. Don't force it.
    Fred
    31 Tiara Open
    "Escalation"

Quote Originally Posted by VieEnRose View Post
    Cheapest I've seen, hoping to find this exact deal in 5 years from now when I retire!

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...227049239.html
    The 53 in Ft Lauderdale appears worth a look, without knowing anything about the important things. I never understand why people don't give details in some of these adds. When I see no text and only the pretty pics, I immediately assume the ER is a nightmare.

https://miami.craigslist.org/brw/boa...251871165.html

Quote Originally Posted by VieEnRose View Post
    Cheapest I've seen, hoping to find this exact deal in 5 years from now when I retire!

https://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee...227049239.html
    Wish me luck, sir, because it seems I've officially purchased your retirement vessel! The deposit check has been struck and the contract is coming together...and I've already paid a marine title firm to insure a clean title.

You have a good eye because, amazingly, almost everything on the ol' girl works! My mechanically competent friend and I dug into her for 4.5 hours only to create a surprising short list of immediately-necessary work. The cleaning, wet-sanding and de-stinkifying is more daunting than the few steering and electrical problems.

I'd say 'keep my screenname and make me an offer in 5 years,' but you'll see me around. I'll probably start a new "help!" thread about every 17 minutes on the forum for the next few months!

20210201_165103.jpg

8. Re: $60k Hatteras 52C

Wish me luck, sir, because it seems I've officially purchased your retirement vessel! The deposit check has been struck and the contract is coming together...and I've already paid a marine title firm to insure a clean title.

You have a good eye because, amazingly, almost everything on the ol' girl works! My mechanically competent friend and I dug into her for 4.5 hours only to create a surprising short list of immediately-necessary work. The cleaning, wet-sanding and de-stinkifying is more daunting than the few steering and electrical problems.

I'd say 'keep my screenname and make me an offer in 5 years,' but you'll see me around. I'll probably start a new "help!" thread about every 17 minutes on the forum for the next few months!

Attachment 47167
    Love it. Congratulations. I always get a kick out of all the people making plans to retire years from now, as they must be mighty optimistic. The best time to have been boating was way before age dictates it. As a retired Yacht Broker I can’t even begin to tell you how many “Bob’s” I met at boat shows dreaming of their retirement, but died one month afterwards. The good news for the wives is that they sometimes buy a nice boat with Bobs money, but with a new younger, more fun Bob. Life is a Catch 22. Lol As I browse Soldboats.com every evening, I think that this Covid BS upheaval has made more people realize that time is fleeting, because every thing is “flying off the shelf”.
    Last edited by Retired1; 02-02-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired1 View Post
    Love it. Congratulations. I always get a kick out of all the people making plans to retire years from now, as they must be mighty optimistic. The best time to have been boating was way before age dictates it. As a retired Yacht Broker I can’t even begin to tell you how many “Bob’s” I met at boat shows dreaming of their retirement, but died one month afterwards. The good news for the wives is that they sometimes buy a nice boat with Bobs money, but with a new younger, more fun Bob. Life is a Catch 22. Lol As I browse Soldboats.com every evening, I think that this Covid BS upheaval has made more people realize that time is fleeting, because every thing is “flying off the shelf”.
    Thanks!

You're right about the COVID thing. I've been looking around for almost a year and finally made a move. I kept thinking all the closed business owners would be giving their boat to the bank, but nothing!
    Two other boats I waited only a day or two to make the offer - and they were gone! One was a 56' Johnson that would've been the steal of the century. People are aggressively buying these days.

I took 9 years off from having a real boat for those two little girls (in the picture) and have that lost time to make-up now.
    Last edited by JuiceClark; 02-02-2021 at 10:43 PM.

Attachment 47167

Nice! Congratulations! What is your plan? Where are you keeping the boat?