Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Re: $60k Hatteras 52C

I want a Tesla only for one reason:

A bumper sticker that says:

“This car is powered by a coal, natural gas or nuclear powered electricity generator.”

You can vary that statement depending on where you live.

Don’t try charging its batteries off windmills or solar panel farms, if you want to get to work on a regular basis.

Oh, and hydroelectric Dams are not considered “Green Energy” and do not qualify for tax credits.

Welcome to converting our economy into the equivalence of a third world nation, with rolling blackouts, when the wind or solar panels ain’t working due to weather, or the sun going down at night. It’s called California. The Chinese must be laughing themselves sick everyday at our gross stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperfishing View Post
    I want a Tesla only for one reason:

A bumper sticker that says:

“This car is powered by a coal, natural gas or nuclear powered electricity generator.”

You can vary that statement depending on where you live.

Don’t try charging its batteries off windmills or solar panel farms, if you want to get to work on a regular basis.

Oh, and hydroelectric Dams are not considered “Green Energy” and do not qualify for tax credits.

Welcome to converting our economy into the equivalence of a third world nation, with rolling blackouts, when the wind or solar panels ain’t working due to weather, or the sun going down at night. It’s called California. The Chinese must be laughing themselves sick everyday at our gross stupidity.
    While your myopic views are possibly understandable they don't add a lot to the Hatteras conversation.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Krush: oil is where you find ancient seabeds/marshes. The Permian basin is called that for a specific reason. Intersection of sea and marshland combined with the greatest mass extinction of life in earth’s history.

Go to a marshy area, jam a shovel into the ground....result, an oil slick ...decomposing vegetation and animal matter.

Some major oil companies can make petroleum products quite easily on an experimental basis: giant bags of water in the desert with fast growing and dying algae. Not unrelated to algae growing in your Hatteras diesel fuel tanks if not properly treated.

Yeah right. This is why they have to drill thousands of feet deep to get to the oil and gas. Well below where Dino took his last breath. The USAF did some study’s on dry wells that were refilling themselves after years of being capped and determined the oil and gas were being generated by chemical and geological reactions well beneath the earths surface. My son was involved with the study’s when he was at the academy. But hey if you want to believe Jed Clampet shot at the ground and up came some bubbling crude that’s ok too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyper-fishing View Post
    Krush: oil is where you find ancient seabeds/marshes. The Permian basin is called that for a specific reason. Intersection of sea and marshland combined with the greatest mass extinction of life in earth’s history.

Go to a marshy area, jam a shovel into the ground....result, an oil slick ...decomposing vegetation and animal matter.

Some major oil companies can make petroleum products quite easily on an experimental basis: giant bags of water in the desert with fast growing and dying algae. Not unrelated to algae growing in your Hatteras diesel fuel tanks if not properly treated.
    "DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING YOU READ OR HEAR AND ONLY HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE" - BEN FRANKLIN

Endless Summer
    1967 50c 12/71n DDA 525hp
    ex Miss Betsy
    owners:
    Howard P. Miller 1967-1974
    Richard F Hull 1974-1976
    Robert J. & R.Scott Smith 1976-present

Quote Originally Posted by hyperfishing View Post

So that means oil regenerates? So much for peak oil.
    FTFD... i drive a slow 1968 41c381

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    While your myopic views are possibly understandable they don't add a lot to the Hatteras conversation.
    Are you a moderator now?

Or do you just not enjoy reading the opinions of others that differ from yours? Personally, I welcome the debate.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Are you a moderator now?

Or do you just not enjoy reading the opinions of others that differ from yours? Personally, I welcome the debate.
    Where is Milacron when we need him?
    Last edited by SeaEric; 12-27-2020 at 11:14 AM.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SKYCHENEY View Post
    Are you a moderator now?

No I am not a moderator, as you well know, but it is my civic duty to help them with their task. If Admin wanted to start a "Bilge" or "Sludge Pot" forum for non germane discussions then that would be up to them. However they do not want to do that and have clearly stated that their desire is to keep the discussion on topic and that there are other places for political circle jerks, which are poison to any topic specific forum. And you full well know this.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 12-27-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Thumbs up Re: $60k Hatteras 52C

Quote Originally Posted by rsmith View Post
    Yeah right. This is why they have to drill thousands of feet deep to get to the oil and gas. Well below where Dino took his last breath. The USAF did some study’s on dry wells that were refilling themselves after years of being capped and determined the oil and gas were being generated by chemical and geological reactions well beneath the earths surface. My son was involved with the study’s when he was at the academy. But hey if you want to believe Jed Clampet shot at the ground and up came some bubbling crude that’s ok too.
    I remember when the Mars Lander was scouring the Martian surface for any trace of methane. The idiot talking head said something like 'methane is only produced by living things and finding it would mean life on Mars.'

I had to scratch my head knowing the Frozen gas giant Uranus is about 10% methane. (no pun intended) Jupiter and Saturn have a bunch as well. Different forms of carbon ,made from geological forces, are everywhere. So, I'll just go right ahead and continue enjoying my jack-rabbit starts until someone makes a non-explosive super battery or appropriately sized nuclear motor.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    No I am not a moderator, as you well know, but it is my civic duty to help them with their task. If Admin wanted to start a "Bilge" or "Sludge Pot" forum for non germane discussions then that would be up to them. However they do not want to do that and have clearly stated that their desire is to keep the discussion on topic and that there are other places for political circle jerks, which are poison to any topic specific forum. And you full well know this.
    I have seen discussions on many topics that that have evolved on this forum over the years. Its not a political discussion; its about energy. Politics do play a role as they do with most topics. Just because you disagree with some of the comments is no reason to try to censor them.
    Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI