Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Wanted: Repowered 45C '84 or Later

As some of you know, I've been looking into repowering my '79 43C. I haven't given up on that, but did get a little sticker shock on a pair of QSM11s with gears coming in just shy of $140k. And that's just the iron in a crate - nothing more. So, I'm also looking for a 45 in good condition, preferably repowered. I don't want one that someone got creative with and repainted or tiled the entire interior. Original would be nice. I'll customize it the way I want. I also would prefer the queen berth instead of the two twins.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau

Re: Wanted: Repowered 45C '84 or Later

Bob, I'll be happy to look for that boat for you!! If I don't buy it myself, first. See PM.

The 46 series 2 built from 81-84 should be on your list. Great queen layout. I will admit I am biased. There is on on YW now with Mack engines but never saw ER pix and interior is "customized". Hard to find but worth a look. At least for the layout. The forward head built into the V is kinda neat and uses space well.

I look a lot as a hobby and will keep an eye out for you on these and 84 up 45's.
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

PM sent, Jim. I had looked at a 46 locally here in CT, but the cockpit is no larger than my 43. The cabin on mine is perfectly adequate, but I want more fishing space, and preferably newer, more efficient and faster power.
    Everyone should believe in something - I believe I will go fishing - Henry David Thoreau