I’m thinking about adding a bow thruster but not sure if the costs etc would make it worthwhile.
there are elect and hydraulic units and quite a few manufacturers all have pros and cons to each.
I like the hydraulic units without needing more batteries etc etc but the battery units have been around for a while. I did read thru the posts here looking for some insight. These boats do handle very well on open water but are subject to winds blowing the bow off course when in tight quarters.
I was leaving my slip I’m backed into and the wind had me pinned to the finger pier on port and I need to go stbd to leave and had to let the wind take the bow to port and back out to fairway which wasn’t an issue but I did say if I had a thruster that would have been much easier. I was gonna try to use a spring but I was alone and leaving the helm didn’t seem like a good idea. I’m sure I could have spun the boat once out of my slip but I had already mentally planned to back out to fairway then spin it. Again I said to myself I wish I had a bow thruster.