Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Re: Here's a project

Get boat for free.

Salvage what you can. (Props, shafts working electronics)

Bring in the excavator and dumpsters.
    Last edited by Passages; 11-02-2020 at 05:09 PM.

This boat looks like it sat on the bottom for awhile.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Well, at least it's not salvage!
    1966 34c
    1982 46 HP

Seems like a project Hatteras should take on, rebuild, renumber, sell as new.

You know, I think even if you owned a big boatyard and someone gave you that boat for free, you couldn't affford it.

Quote Originally Posted by jim rosenthal View Post
    You know, I think even if you owned a big boatyard and someone gave you that boat for free, you couldn't affford it.
    Haha, go ask John (the owner) at Worton Creek Marina..... He's got a 92 foot Burger that had a fire sitting there..... He's been working on it on weekends for 15 years.......
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

If it’s the Burger from Miami, I have seen the boat and it made it’s way north on it’s own bottom which amazed most of us . Only a boatyard owner could take on such a project . Just got back from the yard in Ft. Lauderdale where this Hatteras is located, I didn’t try to get on it , but it needs everything. The yard manager isn’t involved, but he thought a minimum of $800,000 was needed for a boat that he thought would bring about $900,000 at best . I don’t know what this model Hatteras retails for , but from being on similar boats , I would think $1.5 M at least.
    Last edited by jmooney; 11-02-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    JMooney
    61 MY 1983 #341
    “Jerrie”
    Miami , FL

Quote Originally Posted by oscarvan View Post
    Haha, go ask John (the owner) at Worton Creek Marina..... He's got a 92 foot Burger that had a fire sitting there..... He's been working on it on weekends for 15 years.......
    In the meantime, he did refit the 74' Spencer SF that hit a reef sank on its delivery trip. https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/201...tible-3687201/
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Quote Originally Posted by SeaEric View Post
    In the meantime, he did refit the 74' Spencer SF that hit a reef sank on its delivery trip. https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/201...tible-3687201/
    There's a LOT of boats that go through there. It's a very busy place. 12 full time employees, and from what I saw some pretty good people. But that's on the customer's (gold) nickel.....
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

AFAIK the last paint job on my 41TC was done at Worton Creek and that was 25 years ago = or -. It's holding up well but she has been in a shed and waxed twice a year.
    Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"