Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Here's a project

Sky Cheney
    1985 53EDMY, Hull #CN759, "Rebecca"
    ELYC on White Lake--Montague, MI

Re: Here's a project

"Priced for fast sale for health reasons...." Right.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

If I was only 30 again. My mind says go for it but my body says slow down cowboy.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I suppose if you owned a boat yard and had all the skilled trades available it could be done. It sure got beaten up, very sad.

Walt Hoover

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    If I was only 30 again. My mind says go for it but my body says slow down cowboy.
    Your mind must be talking to mine..... OTOH. It's ALL messed up. If it had just sank and the hull was pretty unscathed would be one thing, but hull AND interior AND systems there's just nothing to be happy with.....
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Jeez, what a mess....

One thing I've never understood.... a boat goes down, owners/insurance spend thousands to right it and get it back up... Seems like if you spent a little more and put a team of cleaners in/on the boat asap with water hoses and wash buckets just to do an deep clean and then a DEEP drying job... It just seems that a lot of the interior wood/fixtures would have been saved. The drying out job would be key though, de-humidifiers running in every room for week(s) to really suck all the moisture out.
    Last edited by rustybucket; 11-01-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    SOUTHPAWS
    1986 52C Hull #391 8v92TI
    PENSACOLA, FL

Quote Originally Posted by rustybucket View Post
    Jeez, what a mess....

One thing I've never understood.... a boat goes down, owners/insurance spend thousands to right it and get it back up... Seems like if you spent a little more and put a team of cleaners in/on the boat asap with water hoses and wash buckets just to do an deep clean and then a DEEP drying job... It just seems that a lot of the interior wood/fixtures would have been saved. The drying out job would be key though, de-humidifiers running in every room for week(s) to really suck all the moisture out.
    Because that would be potentially out of pocket and the insurance may or may not pay for it.
    Last edited by oscarvan; 11-01-2020 at 08:23 AM.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Eric
    41TC 1966 Hull #53 "Requisite"
    Kent Island, MD/Ft. Lauderdale, FL

"Though she creaks - She holds"

Beautiful boat, or was. Hard to imagine anyone would take this on, now.....it would take years, essentially you'd have to rebuild it from scratch, after stripping everything out.

Just horrible.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California