Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swim ladder for a Hatteras 53 (1985)

Does anyone have a swim ladder for a 1985 Hatteras 53 MY? If not, does anyone have the dimensions or an idea where I could get one?

Thanks,
    Doug Troughton
    1986 Hatteras 53 MY
    Hull# HATAM635H586

Re: Swim ladder for a Hatteras 53 (1985)

Doug, are you speaking of the latter that swings down and drops into the water? Or is it the latter that exits the aft and drops onto the swim step? I’m at my boat and I can give you the measurements once I am clear on it.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Quote Originally Posted by SEVEN View Post
    Doug, are you speaking of the latter that swings down and drops into the water? Or is it the latter that exits the aft and drops onto the swim step? I’m at my boat and I can give you the measurements once I am clear on it.
    Thanks for the offer. Yes, I would like the dimensions. I have a drawing that shows the dimensions that I could use. The drawing shows four steps, but there may only be three; I don't remember. I measured the tube as 1" OD, so I have dimension H. Any help would be appreciated.
    Doug Troughton
    1986 Hatteras 53 MY
    Hull# HATAM635H586

Doug if you are looking fora a ladder to go from the aft deck to the swim platform I have one for you. I see your in Rhode Island, if you want to drive to ct it’s yours.
    Pete. 1980 53 my. #575

Quote Originally Posted by Toolsntoys View Post
    Doug if you are looking fora a ladder to go from the aft deck to the swim platform I have one for you. I see your in Rhode Island, if you want to drive to ct it’s yours.
    Thanks Pete. I just re-installed that ladder on my swim platform today. I'm looking for the other ladder however; the one that flips down into the water.
    Doug Troughton
    1986 Hatteras 53 MY
    Hull# HATAM635H586

Quote Originally Posted by Doug.T View Post
    Thanks for the offer. Yes, I would like the dimensions. I have a drawing that shows the dimensions that I could use. The drawing shows four steps, but there may only be three; I don't remember. I measured the tube as 1" OD, so I have dimension H. Any help would be appreciated.
    Doug I had already left the boat by the time I read this. I’ll measure it next time I head up there.
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

I'm getting my swim ladder out of the trailer and putting it on the boat tomorrow.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Oscar will you send Doug the measurements?
    SEVEN
    1979 53' MY Hull #563
    Antioch, California

Yeppers, as soon as I can talk myself into going out there...... 40 knot gusts last night, 41ºF this morning.....
    Last edited by oscarvan; 11-02-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

OK, hope this is what you need...... +/- 1/2"
    Attached Images
    Last edited by oscarvan; 11-02-2020 at 11:57 AM.
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay