Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread

Fighting chair spider

I currently have a stantion that is 4 and 9/16ths in diameter, give or take a 16th, because the station is out of round. I am looking for a spider that I can use on a rocket launcher but need one for a table also. My assumption that the rocket launcher spider wouldn't be more than 10 to 12 inches on the outside diameter. For the table, I would like the spider to have up to 24" arms to make it more stable.Does anyone have any suggestion as to where I can find these?1989 52' Hattaras Convertible Thank you.

Re: Fighting chair spider

Post a photo of the top of the pipe and also an overall photo. there probably 5 or 6 chair builders back then, there were different ways they handled the "bearing" / spider.
    What's the pipe made of, chrome on brass/bronze, stainless, aluminum?
    Seems sort of weird to be out of round????
    First thing is to figure out who's pipe you have.

As far as getting a part in the 24" area you most likely will have to have something fabricated.

Think you will find the chair builders pretty helpful, especially Release in Savannah and Bluewater in Lauderdale.
    Don't know much about Scopinich other than they've been around a long time.
    Murray Bros and International are now part of Pompanette, my view on them is they are hard to deal with.
    CRICKET
    1966 HAT50C101
    Purchased 1985 12v71Ns
    Repowered 1989 with 8v92TI
    Repowered 2001 with 3406E