Welcome to the Hatteras Owners Forum & Gallery. Sign Up or Login

Enter partial or full part description to search the Hatteras/Cabo parts catalog (for example: breaker or gauge)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Passenger Rated Capacity

So, for 49 passengers I assume we are not recreational, how would you handle life rafts / floats / whatever?
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

Quote Originally Posted by Photolomy View Post
    So, for 49 passengers I assume we are not recreational, how would you handle life rafts / floats / whatever?
    Like he said, as per the CFR. It's complicated.
    1978 53' Motor Yacht "LADY KAY V"
    Hull number 524
    Chesapeake Bay

Not that complicated. We know the type of boat, Hatteras, and where it is operating, river or coastal. I was just looking for an example of how these charters meet that requirement. I suspect that on the river just life vests will do, cause that is all I have seen on boats in that case. I am sure Pascal can offer something.
    Prometheus
    1978 53' MY Hull #529
    Viera, FL

The reason I asked this question is because Dade County has a COVID restriction on ALL vessels, not just charter. Here's the regulation
    • Boats 36 feet or greater: Eight adults maximum, plus children. Maximum of 10 on the boat or 50 percent of the rated capacity, whichever is greater.
    and I'm guessing that my 58 footer would have a passenger rating that exceeds 10.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits

By passenger ratings they mean what is on the capacity sticker placed on small Boats by the manufacturer. Since larger boats don’t require that sticker, it will be whatever the local dictator decides. In your case 10

For personal boats, nobody cares. We ve been out with more than that. Now on charters you will need to follow the rule
    Pascal
    Miami, FL
    1970 53 MY #325 Cummins 6CTAs
    2014 26' gaff rigged sloop
    2007 Sandbarhopper 13
    12' Westphal Cat boat

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    By passenger ratings they mean what is on the capacity sticker placed on small Boats by the manufacturer. Since larger boats don’t require that sticker, it will be whatever the local dictator decides. In your case 10

For personal boats, nobody cares. We ve been out with more than that. Now on charters you will need to follow the rule
    Thank you.
    MASTERPLAN MIAMI
    1975 58 Ft. Yacht Fish
    8V71TI
    HULL # 396
    www.YouTube.com/MASTERPLANMIAMI

Adventure Awaits